this phone is really starting to annoy me
    POS still shows 2 voicemails, even though there are NONE
    I checked hundreds of times
    02-03-09 08:28 PM
    I've had the same icon on mine since I loaded VVM....I've tried all the above suggestions & nothing has gotten the icon to go away.

I haven't tried to delete VVM & re-install though. I figure to delete I just go Tools>Applications BB Button>Delete....but from where would I re-load it?
    I'm having the same problem. Just got VVM two days ago, don't like it. And yes, the stupid voicemail icon is stuck on my screen. I don't have any messages, not even saved! Can't get it to go away. TO REINSTALL VVM, open APPLICATION CENTER AND PRESS THE BB BUTTON. Select update or refresh list. Now it should be in your app list, ready for installation!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 08:34 PM
    I think its actually flickr ... Or something like that. Someone mentioned that before. The voicemail icon on Verizon is a blue man not a tape.

the blue man is a facebook message not a vm
    02-03-09 08:36 PM
    the blue man is a facebook message not a vm
    NO!! CORRECTION: the facebook message icon is a BLUE SQUARE WITH A LOWER CASE F. What you said was TOTALLY IRRELEVANT.

02-03-09 11:58 PM
    My problem started when I was travelling. I was on a layover in NC and I got notification that I had a voicemail. I dialed in like normal but it wouldn't accept my password. I was expecting an important message so I broke down and installed visual voicemail. I was able to retrieve my voicemail with VVM. But I had the 1 voicemail notification icon sitting at the top. I figured it would go way. This has been since December. If it was just he icon and not the occasional "buzz" saying I have a message, I wouldn't mind. If I get a buzz, I want it for a legitimate reason. I have tried everything listed on this forum and have yet to meet with success. I currently do not have VVM installed and have left myself a number of voicemail message and retrieved them, hoping to clear the notification, but to no avail.

Is there some way to just delete that notification icon from somewhere. Some third party app or something? I figure when I get the next OS update, that will take care of it. I have been waiting for an official update for some time now... Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    03-01-09 06:01 PM
    Yay for flaming people over "what the blue man looks like" comments.

If you call VZW or your carrier, they should be able to refresh your voicemail, basically *ping* to your box, and will refresh everything, should solve the issue. It is the same as calling yourself and leaving a vm, so if you don't wanna talk to them or the hold is long, they are redundant.
    03-01-09 06:13 PM
    Kinda looks like the money you could be saving with GEICO.
    03-01-09 07:18 PM
    Kinda looks like the money you could be saving with GEICO.
    lol.......
    03-01-09 07:33 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD