excuse the newbie question, but what is this:

o__o

there is a 2 in front of it, like this:

2 o__o

I've never ever seen it before and had my storm ever since it came out.
    I have no new vm, sms, or emails.

It's right under the date.

anyone?
    02-03-09 02:28 PM
    it is in fact the voicemail symbol i believe. try pulling your battery and see if it goes away
    02-03-09 02:29 PM
    You have 2 voice mails.
    02-03-09 02:29 PM
    lol i already listened to voicemails and deleted them all. I have visual voice mail BTW :/
    02-03-09 02:36 PM
    Doesn't matter if you listened to them or not. The VZW network notification didn't clear the indicator. If pulling the battery doesn't do it, make sure you delete the voicemail notification SMSs and then possibly even call and leave yourself a voicemail and then listen and delete it. Sometimes it gets stuck, but not a lot. Also, it's possible that you listened to your voicemails, but 2 more came through while you were doing that, so the new ones are still there. VVM blows btw... doesn't always clear the normal voicemail indicators.
    02-03-09 02:38 PM
    I think its actually flickr ... Or something like that. Someone mentioned that before. The voicemail icon on Verizon is a blue man not a tape.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 02:40 PM
    I think its actually flickr ... Or something like that. Someone mentioned that before. The voicemail icon on Verizon is a blue man not a tape.

Maybe on a different phone, but it's def o_o on a Storm.
    02-03-09 02:42 PM
    The voicemail icon on Verizon is a blue man not a tape.
    LOL. Is this the blue man you're talking about? -->
    02-03-09 02:44 PM
    02-03-09 02:47 PM
    I find it best to hit the " * " key to end the call when done listening to voice mails. It will make the indicator go away instantly. If I don't it usually takes a while for the vm indicator to go away on its own. But yea, thats definitely without a doubt the vm icon
    02-03-09 02:49 PM
    Wow, this is really strange. I tried everything suggested in this thread and the phone still shows

"2 o_o"

(1) I did battery pull, as suggested by most
    (2) I actually called voicemail, instead of using visual voice mail and indeed there are NO new messages
    (3) I called myself from another phone and left myself a voice mail. I then called voicemail from my phone and listened to my own voicemail, afterwhich I deleted it.
    (4) I also deleted the sms which indicated that I had voicemail before

After all this, the 2 o_o is still present.
    Wow, it just happened today for the first time ever. This must be a sign lol

No but seriously, what the heck is going on? Should I just call technical support?

BTW, i'm on the official 75.
    Last edited by s54; 02-03-09 at 02:53 PM.
    02-03-09 02:50 PM
    I think you should just wait it out. It's not the end of the world. Once you get some other voicemails, they'll clear out. It happens sometimes.
    02-03-09 02:52 PM
    Wow, this is really strange. I tried everything suggested in this thread and the phone still shows

"2 o_o"

(1) I did battery pull, as suggested by most
    (2) I actually called voicemail, instead of using visual voice mail and indeed there are NO new messages
    (3) I called myself from another phone and left myself a voice mail. I then called voicemail from my phone and listened to my own voicemail, afterwhich I deleted it.
    (4) I also deleted the sms which indicated that I had voicemail before

After all this, the 2 o_o is still present.
    Wow, it just happened today for the first time ever. This must be a sign lol

No but seriously, what the heck is going on? Should I just call technical support?

BTW, i'm on the official 75.
    I had this happen to me. It took about 12 hours or so but the voicemail eventually came. I listened to it, deleted it, and the VM icon went away.

Just be patient and don't do anything stupid like delete visual voicemail, like someone in this thread did....
    02-03-09 02:56 PM
    when that happend to me i had to delete the visual voice mail. listen again to my voice mails then download it again and it goes away. the symbol is the no visual voice mail symbol.
    02-03-09 03:00 PM
    I have VVM but I never get the o_o, I only get the blue man, even if I ever get the blue man. The feature hasn't been reliable for me on either one of my Storms.
    02-03-09 03:05 PM
    i guess i'll wait it out until tomorrow and see what happens..
    The blue man is a pop up alert in VVM (I'm with Civic, I hate it and dropped it after less than 1 month), that goes away once acknowledged, the tape notification stays till you delete the voicemails, or listen to them and archive them. BUT as Civic pointed out it don't always clear correctly.

EDIT: After you drop VVM, you STILL get notified of voice mail via an SMS, which once you open you then press the BB button, and select call voicemail, and then you can listen and delete etc the old fashion way.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-03-09 at 03:08 PM.
    No on my phone it always is and has been the blue man. In Europe it is a tape symbol I believe, but on Verizon it is the blue man. I have also never had a tape symbol even before I had visual voicemail.

Maybe on a different phone, but it's def o_o on a Storm.
    02-03-09 03:14 PM
    No on my phone it always is and has been the blue man. In Europe it is a tape symbol I believe, but on Verizon it is the blue man.

Sweet! I'm in Europe and I didn't even know it!
    02-03-09 03:15 PM
    My voicemail symbol (on 9530 with VVM) is a little blue pawn looking figure, aka little blue man.

EDIT: Nevermind... covered by folks who know more then I. Giddyup.
    02-03-09 03:18 PM
    The blue man is a pop up alert in VVM (I'm with Civic, I hate it and dropped it after less than 1 month), that goes away once acknowledged, the tape notification stays till you delete the voicemails, or listen to them and archive them. BUT as Civic pointed out it don't always clear correctly.

EDIT: After you drop VVM, you STILL get notified of voice mail via an SMS, which once you open you then press the BB button, and select call voicemail, and then you can listen and delete etc the old fashion way.
    lol, yeah, when Verizon makes VVM free, then I'll use it. I refused to pay for GPS nav for the last 2 years and pushed people to do the same to force VZW to change their ways (i.e. Storm has open GPS and WinMo devices will soon be unlocked as well) and I'll continue to do the same until VVM is free as well.
    02-03-09 03:19 PM
    LOL I laughed so hard when I saw this.
    02-03-09 03:19 PM
    Sweet! I'm in Europe and I didn't even know it!
    I know right! Lol

02-03-09 03:20 PM
    I've had the same icon on mine since I loaded VVM....I've tried all the above suggestions & nothing has gotten the icon to go away.

I haven't tried to delete VVM & re-install though. I figure to delete I just go Tools>Applications BB Button>Delete....but from where would I re-load it?
    02-03-09 03:35 PM
    It means you have two voicemails.
    02-03-09 03:36 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD