Since I'm a noob owner, I wonder what life was like with the first Storms out of the gate...

And how long did it take to get from the first release to .75?
    03-18-09 10:35 PM
    Since I'm a noob owner, I wonder what life was like with the first Storms out of the gate...

Terrible. .75 was officially release Dec 5th if I'm not mistaken.
    03-18-09 10:37 PM
    what was so terrible?
    03-18-09 10:38 PM
    Why don't you try .65 for yourself and find out lol. To save the trouble...it was a nightmare...nearly got in trouble @ school. Random rings. .75 took about a good old month till it rolled out officially. I had the leaked one =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 10:43 PM
    Obviously comparing it to whats out now(.114) or even .75, .65 was hella slow, but at the time it was all that was out and thinking back it was irritatingly slow but I remember .75 being a big deal at the time. Since the phone was released basically 6 months before it was supposed to we basically got some early beta software. Towards end of March maybe April we will finally see the Storm as it should have always been.
    03-18-09 10:43 PM
    .65 was extremely slow and buggy, as opposed to very slow and buggy like the latest "leaks".
    03-18-09 10:45 PM
    A pos. Trust it was a disaster.

03-18-09 10:53 PM
    Why don't you try .65 for yourself and find out ...
    Thanks but no thanks. I'm still on .75 and half the reason I haven't done an upgrade to oh say .109 is I haven't gotten a round tuit. The other half of the reason is I'm willing to wait for next official release.
    03-18-09 10:57 PM
    Barely usable, IMHO.
    03-18-09 10:57 PM
    i actually tried it one day for kicks, and less then ten minutes later i reinstalled .103 on my phone
    03-18-09 10:58 PM
    Thanks but no thanks. I'm still on .75 and half the reason I haven't done an upgrade to oh say .109 is I haven't gotten a round tuit. The other half of the reason is I'm willing to wait for next official release.
    For the first few leaks that was my excuse, I figured it was too much effort, wouldn't be worth it, etc. It pretty much is, it's like upgrading your phone every few weeks. The installation doesn't seem so easy, but it is. Just download it from one of the links, if you're on windows, just click the .exe, it installs on your computer, plug in your phone, update it, et voila. Although it does take like 20-30 minutes, atleast for me, to install the new OS.
    03-18-09 10:59 PM

Plain and simple, it was a steaming heap of dung.
    03-18-09 11:05 PM
    Those were dark days...but thank God for leaked OSes. Now, whenever I see a "normal" Storm user running .75, I almost want to go up to them and apologize lol.

03-18-09 11:17 PM
    hahahaha .65 was horrible...... a phone you wanted to throw away..hahaha
    03-18-09 11:19 PM
    I still have nightmares about 65. The horror, the horror, the horror!

03-18-09 11:21 PM
    i was soooo happy to be the first customer in line for the Storm the morning it came out. at the time i didn't care about 65...i was just extatic to have the new Storm in my hand that i had been following for MONTHS. but as the month wore on, i was getting tired of how laggy it was getting, then started running beta OS's as they came out. looking back....65 was DAMN slow compared to 109 i'm on now.
    03-18-09 11:39 PM
    thank goodness i didn't have to deal with .65 lol
    03-18-09 11:43 PM
    Plain and simple, it was a steaming heap of dung.
    Please don't sugarcoat it... let us know how you really liked it!
    Actually Ill prolly install 109 this weekend. The camera is supposed to get better among other things and tonight I actually had a chance to test it. Man that camera sw on .75 is a "steaming heap of dung" still
    03-18-09 11:50 PM
    03-19-09 12:00 AM
    You all sound like you're talking about an ex who dumped you. It wasn't that bad.

03-19-09 01:35 AM
    I bought the Storm on 11/21 and suspected it suffered from the screen click issues that some of the devices had. While I rode that out (making sure it wasn't me), I upgraded to the leaks at the time... .75, .83, .85....85 really bugged me. I finally decided I had the screen click issue, the VZW store agreed and gave me a new device. By this time, .75 is the official OS.

I decided that I would wait for the next "official" release...one of my friends had upgraded to one of the .9x leaks, which was killing his phone worse than .85. So, that reinforced my desire to wait...then I watch his Storm in action with .109, and I couldn't wait any more...

...upped my Storm to .109 and have been pretty impressed, and fortunate that I've not yet encountered any issues so far...

So, if you're thinking about it...I recommend .109...you can always go back.
    03-19-09 07:26 AM
    OMG!!!!! That was awful! I won't be able to sleep tonight.
    03-19-09 08:08 AM
    For the first few leaks that was my excuse, I figured it was too much effort, wouldn't be worth it, etc. It pretty much is, it's like upgrading your phone every few weeks. The installation doesn't seem so easy, but it is. Just download it from one of the links, if you're on windows, just click the .exe, it installs on your computer, plug in your phone, update it, et voila. Although it does take like 20-30 minutes, atleast for me, to install the new OS.
    Don't forget to back up your phone first

03-19-09 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD