The other day i cracked my screen on my storm. I dont have insurance on it and i have verizon (obviously, its a storm) So i dont really know what to do. what would be the best way to approach getting a new one. should i call or go into the verizon store? do i lie and say i was clicking the screen as normal and it cracked?, or should i tell them that there were problems with it previous to the crack and i just didnt bring it in? (Like rebooting randomly sometimes, and that the click screen was occasionally sketchy) How would you guys go about it and has anyone had success?
    06-15-09 12:32 PM
    Your not going to be able to trick them. Even if you get a new one sent out from a phone call to customer service, you'll have to mail the old one in. When they get it and see the cracked screen, you'll be charged full retail. I know you can buy a replacement screen, but I'm unsure of the price or complexity to change it. Here's at least one thread about it: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...cement-243164/

I guess you have to weigh how bad the crack is with the cost of either a screen or a new device. I saw a thread on here yesterday about new Storms for $50 from best buy. I would think you could check ebay as well.

Another good case for getting insurance.

Grey
    06-15-09 12:39 PM
    The other day i cracked my screen on my storm. I dont have insurance on it and i have verizon (obviously, its a storm) So i dont really know what to do. what would be the best way to approach getting a new one. should i call or go into the verizon store? do i lie and say i was clicking the screen as normal and it cracked?, or should i tell them that there were problems with it previous to the crack and i just didnt bring it in? (Like rebooting randomly sometimes, and that the click screen was occasionally sketchy) How would you guys go about it and has anyone had success?
    I'd follow the post above. Here's how your post comes across:

I broke my Storm and I want you guys to tell me a good lie so I don't have to pay for it?

I really think you were lucky to get a nice response.
    06-15-09 12:44 PM
    Check here: 9500/9530 - Nokia, Sony, Panasonic, Apple, BenQ-Siemens, Dopod/O2, Samsung, Motorola, Access
    $99.99 for a new LCD/Digitizer combo, or $38.99 for the outer digitizer screen if the LCD is still OK.
    06-15-09 12:47 PM
    how were you planning on explaining cracking it from normal use? you dont have to click it THAT hard. Texting via Jackhammer maybe? lol.. if you brought that in my location i would ell oh ell loudly, before telling you nosrykthxbi.
    06-15-09 12:49 PM
    i dont see how it comes accross as that. what I SEE is i broke my phone and i want another one that i dont have to pay full retail for. so im looking for anyone who might have experience getting a replacement phone without the insurance. not some **** who offers no help to tell me im lucky to get a nice response.
    06-15-09 12:50 PM
    what about sending it somewhere to get it fixed? has anyone done or heard anything about that?
    06-15-09 12:56 PM
    and ive heard something like if you payed for the phone with a credit card at the store you have at least a year warranty. but i suppose the warranty doesnt cover a cracked screen huh?
    06-15-09 01:07 PM
    Sell it on ebay. You can probably get as much as $200, or more.
    06-15-09 01:18 PM
    i dont see how it comes accross as that. what I SEE is i broke my phone and i want another one that i dont have to pay full retail for. so im looking for anyone who might have experience getting a replacement phone without the insurance. not some **** who offers no help to tell me im lucky to get a nice response.
    Calm down, young man. Sift through the responses; use what is helpful and ignore the rest.
    06-15-09 01:20 PM
    I cracked mine yesterday. I went into the store, handed the pretty lady my phone and said "I broked it" with a smile, and she gave me a new one for $50 bucks. I'm pretty sure I did NOT have the insurance.

Was in and out with a brand new storm in 15 minutes.
    06-15-09 01:34 PM
    I guess i was pretty lucky when my screen cracked. I was expecting to pay and when i asked the women in the store for a replacement she told me she would give me a new one without charge. Maybe you will have the same luck!
    06-15-09 01:55 PM
    Sounds like a great opportunity to get a DIFFERENT devise.
    06-15-09 02:08 PM
    Sounds like a great opportunity to get a DIFFERENT devise.
    Sounds like you need to find a DIFFERENT forum. If you don't like what you've got, change it.

Grey
    06-15-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD