I have an otterbox case on my stor and I have somehow managed to get a deep scratch in the screen but not on the otterbox screen protector. My phone clicks good but the scratch is pretty annoying. Should I trade it in for another storm ( I have insurance). The phone also seems to have a slight problem with the charging port. It has a lot of wiggle room when I plug it in and seems too loose for my comfort. Should I replace the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 06:33 PM
    Go for it. I don't see why not... (Says the guy who just got his replacement Storm today )
    05-19-09 06:36 PM
    Take it back under warranty for the loose plug.

05-19-09 06:39 PM
    Go for it. I don't see why not... (Says the guy who just got his replacement Storm today )
    Alright lol thanks. I think I just needed some positive reinforcement to give me the small push. Ill probably call the vzw line tonight and tell them about the charging port so they can overnight me the replacement.

05-19-09 06:40 PM
    Take it back under warranty for the loose plug.

Thanks. I will do.

Does anybody happen to know the number I call for the replacement through the warranty?

05-19-09 06:41 PM
    Thanks. I will do.

Does anybody happen to know the number I call for the replacement through the warranty?

Last time, I called (800) 922-0204, entered my phone number, pressed zero, entered my account passcode and the rep that answered was able to process the replacement for me.
    05-19-09 06:43 PM
    Last time, I called (800) 922-0204, entered my phone number, pressed zero, entered my account passcode and the rep that answered was able to process the replacement for me.
    Ok ill try that one when I call. Thanks for your help.

05-19-09 06:50 PM
    I would get a replacement if the plug is bad, but in regards to the screen, the scratch you see is likely on the plastic film screen protector that comes on the Storm from the factory. Try to peel it off from a corner. I have the Otterbox as well, and although I took the Otterbox sreen protector off (didn't like the crackling sound when I pressed it), I don't see how in the world you could have scratched your Storm screen and not scratched the Otterbox one as well.

Grey
    05-19-09 07:17 PM
    I would get a replacement if the plug is bad, but in regards to the screen, the scratch you see is likely on the plastic film screen protector that comes on the Storm from the factory. Try to peel it off from a corner. I have the Otterbox as well, and although I took the Otterbox sreen protector off (didn't like the crackling sound when I pressed it), I don't see how in the world you could have scratched your Storm screen and not scratched the Otterbox one as well.

Grey
    I actually already took that one off. I don't know how in the world I got the scratch but its there. Did you try the baby powder fix for the otterbox? I did and the screen doesn't crackle for me anymore. It befuddles me how I got that scratch but it is there for sure. Thanks for your suggestion though. Hope maybe I helped you with the otterbox.

05-19-09 07:31 PM
    If I wipe my device and don't load an os back onto it before send it back will vzw give me any problems?

05-20-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD