I'm finally going to get mine today and wanted to know if I should like for a specific build #, where built, or other things like that. Just want to make sure I get a good one!

I will check the screen click prior to leaving the store, but anything else I should look for?

Thanks all and looking forward to joining the club!
    01-19-09 10:05 AM
    Also, will they update the OS if needed or will the phone already have the latest and greatest?
    01-19-09 10:06 AM
    I personally suggest you take it home and play with it. Not all Storms have screen click problems or any of the other things you may have read on CB. You may love the phone as is.

Also, the phone will come loaded w/ the current official OS (.75). SO you need not worry about that.

But like I said, IMHO, you should take the phone home and see what it's about and see if some simple fixes are available here. But if you are truly unhappy, then get a replacement. Do give the phone a chance, before you bash it fresh out of the box...
    01-19-09 10:10 AM
    I'm finally going to get mine today and wanted to know if I should like for a specific build #, where built, or other things like that. Just want to make sure I get a good one!

I will check the screen click prior to leaving the store, but anything else I should look for?

I agree 100% with taking it home, pulling it out the box, and seeing for yourself how it runs. As with most products with an OS, you will need to tinker in order to "have it your way." Just be patient!
    01-19-09 10:14 AM

Feel free to add on your device model number/name...
    01-19-09 10:15 AM
    Yes Remember to Click Every Single Corner of the Device-

And Pray.

LOL
    01-19-09 10:16 AM
    I dont think Model and where it came from makes much of a diffrence. For instance, mine was made in Canda and it was built in June of 08 and works flawless. SO I just got lucky with that but you have to take it home and give it time to. There is a learning curve so just brace yourself
    01-19-09 10:27 AM
    thanks for the input. I'm really excited to get this! I've been using a xv6700 since it came out and it's on its last leg...

As far as learning curve, the biggest issue for me will be BlackBerry in general. I'm a computer guy and build systems and am familiar with OS issues and how to tweak, which is why I am going BB and not iToy (that and ATT is not good in some areas for me).
    01-19-09 10:37 AM
    I have a friend whose company builds chips for RIM. He says that there will be a newer (READ FEWER BUGS) model that comes out in mid February, same phone and looks, just a better chipset. If you can wait. I am.
    01-19-09 10:42 AM
    i agree take it home and play around with it . mine happens to be fine as is .
    01-19-09 11:58 AM
    yeah I agree with others. You should take it home and play with it for couple days. My first storm was fine at the store...perfect...until I got home and that night I had some screen problems. My button icons were all out of place. I took it to VZ store next day and they did a battery pull for me and fixed the problem. Then couple days later I found more problems with music player and stuff. So I took it back to get it exchanged. I am on my second storm and I still run into minor problems...not enough to go back and exchange it.
    01-19-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD