I saw a thread a few days ago about what to look for in a new Blackberry Storm when going to a Verizon store.

I can't seem to find that thread anymore, searched for quite a long time.

So I pose this question:

I'm going to be heading out this afternoon or tomorrow to get a new Storm.

What should I look for so I can tell I'm getting a good Storm ?
    01-20-09 02:59 PM
    Nothing really, you can't really see any of the problems =).

Just make sure the screen clicks the same in all 4 corners. That's really the only physical issues that seems to have been resolved. Even the new storms still have lose end buttons etc. And as for the laggyness and software problems those will be addressed with an OS update.
    01-20-09 03:05 PM
    ive had one from Mexico (current) and my original from Canda. Mexico has NO issues, Canada was junk. So, look the the box when buying, see if you can get a Mexico one. From all Ive read, they are less problematic
    01-20-09 03:37 PM
    Gettin the phone from canada or mexico honestly don't make a difference. Make sure it clicks properly.

Posted from my CrackBe
    rry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 03:58 PM
    ive had one from Mexico (current) and my original from Canda. Mexico has NO issues, Canada was junk. So, look the the box when buying, see if you can get a Mexico one. From all Ive read, they are less problematic
    I had the opposite.
    My first = Canadian - purchased on release day. Worked okay, click got progressively worse. I replaced it.

Second = brown box, new, mexican - screen would go black while device still on, had to do a battery pull to get it back up. Also, bottom of screen wouldnt click well.

Third = white box, refurb, canadian - so far, it seems to be great. No problems yet. Screen clicking okay. No shutdowns yet. Its only been a day. But, fingers crossed!
    01-20-09 04:06 PM
    I agree with terrigno. Make sure all corners click. I have both canada and mexico phones and both don't have problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 04:06 PM
    Check for dust under the screen. I read on these forums that some are coming with this problem from the factory.
    01-20-09 04:10 PM
    Mine is an original from Canada... Picked it up early am November 21 and I have no problems.

My advice?

Don't drink the crackberry kool-aide.

Use YOUR brain at the point of purchase. If you don't like it don't buy.

You have a 1 year manufacture's warranty aside for the insurance you should purchase for any device like this.

Check the device out before you buy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD