I plugged the storm into the data port and a few minutes later I noticed it was rebooting.

After the reboot it had the RIM agreement on the screen.
    Then it asked to to go throught he SETUP again.
    Then I noticed my wallpaper was missing.
    My Radio was turned off.
    My menus are all back to a more normal default look.
    The icons were 2x4 not 1x4.
    The folders have stuff in them that i had moved out.
    Like the downloads was full of my downloaded apps instead of having them on the main screen/folder.

So what happened to make it mess it up like that?
    Was there some automatic update?
    I had already upgraded to .75 a week ago.

If I look in OPTIONS ABOUT
    it says I am v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94)
    I think that is what it was after the original verizon .75 update.

Why did it mess my stuff up?
    It looks like all my apps are there but in different places.

It is a pain having it turn your world upsidedown, turn your data/phone wireless connections off and dork with your menus.

I see it lost all of my web browser bookmarks as well! PITA!

It has some icon pased Verizon home page by default now.

Hmm. Also the first time I tried recording a video, 48 seconds worth and it worked fine. Previously I would get unsupported format. But this one worked.

Then just now 1 minutes after having it work and playback I tried to record another and it records. But if you try to play it back it says it cannot save it?
    Now if I try to go back in and record it just freezes the image but keeps adding time to the clock.

Now it is just locked up. Battery pull time.

Interesting. It also has lost my password info so it does not lock after the reboot.
    And it lost my OWNER Information!
    And all my contacts!

What a piece of JUNK!
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 12-16-08 at 01:35 PM.
    12-16-08 01:25 PM
    Mine re-booted once after about the first week. Icon's were moved but thats about it...Everything else remained the same. FYI...You may want to back up your info.
    12-16-08 01:45 PM
    I did back it up (the data).
    I also did the stupid Apps backup via the Switch Device Wizard. Why the heck don't they have a real Apps backup process that does everything for you???

If I backup my device I expect a full backup not just data. And if you are going to have a Data only backup you should provide an option to backup the apps as well. I do not get it. Why do they make everything so hard?

I am doing the data restore and the Apps restore now via the Apps loader from the prior Switch Device Wizard apps backup method.

I did the restore of the Apps followed by restore of the data and it asks me for a NEW password to be entered. SO it does nto remember my old backed up password for some reason. I would think that would be saved with the data. I also had it save and restore the in memory stuff. Kind of lame that it does not remember your password stuff from the backups.

And of course it had to reboot after each restore......

These 5 minute reboots are killers.

Well after both restores I got my menus and icon arrangement back to the way I had it but the Homescreen Layout changed back to 2 ROW again! Had to set it to 1 Row again. That should have been in the stuff that was backed up. I do not get it.

I did get my owner data info back, so at least I did not have to re-set that back up.

Got my bookmarks back too. Well at least the restore of the data and Apps works.

I just wish you did not have to restore them for no reason.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 12-16-08 at 02:28 PM.
    12-16-08 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD