i feel like these should be self explanatory, but when i tried to play around with the HOVER PERIOD and TAP INTERVAL settings, i can't figure out what it changes because from what i assumed it made a difference with i didn't notice anything.

what does:

HOVER PERIOD
    TAP INTERVAL

do?
    my current settings for Tap Interval: 400
    my current settings for Hover Period: 100

please to explain
    01-21-09 02:46 AM
    Tap interval is the minimum time needed to register a tap on the screen. A shorter tap interval will register a tap (like selecting text, or moving the text cursor) just about any time you touch the screen. A longer tap interval will make you have to touch the screen and hold your finger there a moment before it registers a tap.

Hover interval is the amount of time that is required before a hover event is triggered. A hover event is like holding your finger on a key of the keyboard in landscape mode to bring up alternate symbols under that letter. So a shorter hover period means that pops up faster, whereas a longer one means it takes more time before it pops up.
    01-21-09 02:52 AM
    gratzi

10 char
    01-21-09 04:24 AM
    I dropped both mine down to 100, and maxed out the swipe sensitivity. Now it keeps up with me most of the time (one big exception is if browsing has slowed down -- I get a few too many taps ahead of it)
    01-21-09 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD