I have loaded. .151 on my BB and like a lot about it, however the radio has a bug that won't allow it to play streaming like pandora for long periods without an error and batt pull.

I've been advised to swap radio back to the .132 radio as a fix. What exaclty does the radio control and what can I expect performance wise to lose gong backwards like this in radios?
    07-19-09 01:42 PM
    I think the biggest thing is obviously connection to calls and the like.. and controlling memory stability( Or not :P)
    07-19-09 02:41 PM
    Incorrect. The sfi file (or radio file as some would have you believe) controls more then "just" the radio capabilities. That file is ACTUALLY the OS file. (The Core Opperating System.) The cod files in the Java folder are the actual Apps on the phone. The OS is always the Platform... i.e. the core OS. It controls the overall core behavior of the phone (i.e. power control, reception, basically anything hardware controlled).
    07-19-09 03:22 PM
    Incorrect. The sfi file (or radio file as some would have you believe) controls more then "just" the radio capabilities. That file is ACTUALLY the OS file. (The Core Opperating System.) The cod files in the Java folder are the actual Apps on the phone. The OS is always the Platform... i.e. the core OS. It controls the overall core behavior of the phone (i.e. power control, reception, basically anything hardware controlled).
    so by going back to the .131 radio do I lose the memory stability of the .151 upgrade?
    07-19-09 03:24 PM
    so by going back to the .131 radio do I lose the memory stability of the .151 upgrade?
    Depends. If the stability came from the Core OS changes, then yet. If the stability came from better optimized Apps, then no. I'm a firm believer that you don't gain too much by simply bumping up the apps and not the Core OS. In some cases we've even seen some carriers run newer Platform files, but older app files.
    07-19-09 03:27 PM
    Depends. If the stability came from the Core OS changes, then yet. If the stability came from better optimized Apps, then no. I'm a firm believer that you don't gain too much by simply bumping up the apps and not the Core OS. In some cases we've even seen some carriers run newer Platform files, but older app files.
    Interesting. It's quite the conundrum whether to keep the memory stability and have to batt putt every 90 minutes to keep Pandora going, or risk the stability and run the older radio. Hmm....
    07-19-09 03:41 PM
    its surprising how many people thing it just controls the radio signal
    07-19-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD