I've got both phones, and am activating back and forth between the two because I can't decide on which one to keep and which to sell. I know the storm can go global, has a bigger screen with better res.,better camera... but what is there that I'm not thinking about? I seem to have lost more calls on the storm, and it seems like it doesn't necessarily load web pages any faster, or do anything that sets it higher on the bar than the 8330. Thoughts? Oh and I'm running .122 on the storm which works great... most of the time. Just a little lag here and there.
    04-21-09 08:47 PM
    To me they are different devices...the difference between the touchscreen and a physical keyboard is a deal breaker for most.
    04-21-09 08:52 PM
    Storm has way more in its future; more apps, updates, 5.0...

8330 is on its last leg on VZW as its being replaced by the 9630, and every other carrier has a next generation QWERTY Blackberry (Bold, 8900, 8350i)
    04-21-09 09:01 PM
    Depends on what you want to do really - if you are strictly a email-type person who goes heavy on the emails Curve will be better for you. I loved my Curve and miss the keyboard, but I also am a heavy reader (for that I DONT miss my Curve), occasional music listener, avid movie watcher, and a bit of a gadget fool so I like what the Storm does but some may not....up to you really dude.
    04-21-09 09:26 PM
    touchscreen. better web experience. and isnt yhe 8330 EDGE and the storm 3G?

plus the storm has 4.7

ohhh... and apps
    04-21-09 09:28 PM
    Use 3rd party GPS aware apps.
    04-21-09 09:49 PM

plus the storm has 4.7

ohhh... and apps
    You didn't just suggest that "we have an app for that" did you?
    04-21-09 09:54 PM
    i'm in the process of developing a wap compatible teeth punching app, to reach out across the interwebz and STFUPPERCUT n00bs!

EDIT: not compatible with OS below 4.7. sorry
    04-21-09 10:06 PM

plus the storm has 4.7

ohhh... and apps
    8330 can do anything the Storm can... both faster and more reliable.

I haven't found any app that doesn't work on my 8330.

And 4.7? Seriously? LOL. Argument failed.
    04-21-09 10:08 PM
    i have a feeling after and when 5.0 gets leaked and or released officially... the Storm will be almost comparable to the Iphone minus all the hundreds of apps which have been developed over a long period of time.... If you dont want the touch screen, get the BOLD, thats an awesome phone out of the box with an amazing screen.
    04-21-09 10:12 PM
    For some apps yes, but try reading on Curve and then on Storm, which many of us do, you will see quickly - like I said depends on your needs/wants.

no need to deal in absolutes here, RIM has a phone for your needs, your needs may not be met by the Storm, so the Curve/Bold may be your answer everyone is happy
    Last edited by markyoung04; 04-21-09 at 10:37 PM.
    04-21-09 10:27 PM
    Storm is also EVDO Rev.A, the Curve is not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:41 PM
    i have a feeling after and when 5.0 gets leaked and or released officially... the Storm will be almost comparable to the Iphone minus all the hundreds of apps which have been developed over a long period of time.... If you dont want the touch screen, get the BOLD, thats an awesome phone out of the box with an amazing screen.
    agreed! can't wait for 5.0

And about my other argument, didn't know that the 8330 had all that stuff. But still, I like the touch screen, and the 3G speed is better than EDGE
    04-21-09 10:42 PM
    You didn't just suggest that "we have an app for that" did you?
    Where does that saying come from hehe.
    04-21-09 10:45 PM
    The Storm starts with an S. The Curve starts with a C. Just like Mercedes... the S-class is better than the C-class. BTW I hate Mercedes. EVDO Rev.A is not that spectacular either.
    04-21-09 10:46 PM
    The Storm starts with an S. The Curve starts with a C. Just like Mercedes... the S-class is better than the C-class. BTW I hate Mercedes. EVDO Rev.A is not that spectacular either.
    I like the metaphor... but why hating on Mercedes??
    Dad just got the new SL... its awesome!
    04-21-09 10:48 PM
    ...make grown men cry!
    04-21-09 10:49 PM
    Ummm..the 8330 had 3g too.

04-21-09 10:49 PM
    The Storm Is My Phone...curve Is Not :-)
    04-21-09 11:18 PM
    Yes, the Curve is 3g EVDO, it just isn't rev A. which is faster.

Course I still cant type at all on my Storm even after the screen fix and running .131.
    04-21-09 11:30 PM
    Its funny, everyone has something to say about all this, but few answer the question. And what is rev A anyway? From what I have read, its supposed to be "faster", but like I said, all web browsing I have done seems to be the same speed on the curve than it is with the storm. Thanks for all your input, it's nice to have people responding no matter what type of response it is.

04-21-09 11:48 PM

Course I still cant type at all on my Storm even after the screen fix and running .131.
    Exactly.

My Curve is very, very fast when browsing the internet.
    04-21-09 11:50 PM
    Its funny, everyone has something to say about all this, but few answer the question. And what is rev A anyway? From what I have read, its supposed to be "faster", but like I said, all web browsing I have done seems to be the same speed on the curve than it is with the storm. Thanks for all your input, it's nice to have people responding no matter what type of response it is.

Rev. A = EVDO network revision A

vs.

Rev. zero = original EVDO

so Rev. A is like 3.1G network technology. it is considerabally faster, can't quote you numbers, but it is significant. as for your speeds, enviornment, terrain, buildings, device flaws/damage might impact your browsing, causing Rev. A to be slower on your storm, making it seem like there isn't a difference.

badda boom!
    04-21-09 11:51 PM

sounds like a personal issue, not a device or software flaw. have you used a storm that has a good click to experience the difference? or are you just not used to it?
    04-21-09 11:55 PM
    Rev. A = EVDO network revision A

vs.

Rev. zero = original EVDO

so Rev. A is like 3.1G network technology. it is considerabally faster, can't quote you numbers, but it is significant. as for your speeds, enviornment, terrain, buildings, device flaws/damage might impact your browsing, causing Rev. A to be slower on your storm, making it seem like there isn't a difference.

badda boom!
    Thanks for a serious response. I'm on more than one forum and nobody ever seems to answer technical questions with anything other than "search n00b!"... Which gets real old real fast. Faster in what sense? Browsing alone? Processing apps? What about call signals? Do both phones use the same style to connect to calls?

04-22-09 12:00 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD