What's the advantages of having .113 compared to .75? If there is a huge differemce then I will upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 06:53 PM
    The main difference is the speed..but there are other differences as well, read the OS forum for details

03-28-09 07:09 PM
    it is a huge difference. read the forums for the differences. it would take forever here. but remember that beta os do have their downfalls.
    03-28-09 07:11 PM
    What's the advantages of having .113 compared to .75? If there is a huge differemce then I will upgrade

.75 is frigin horrible! At least it was on my phone. Its worth it make sure to upgrade mms cod file if you do it!

03-28-09 07:14 PM
    The main difference is the speed..but there are other differences as well, read the OS forum for details

Based on all of the threads pleading for help, it appears you've summed it up - 'speed' is the main difference. Apparently what .113 has, is a crap load of problems I've never had with .75. Doesn't sound like the wonder-fix everyone was looking for - other than the speed.
    03-28-09 07:21 PM
    I can tell you how great an OS is till I am blue in the face but it won't matter until YOU experience it.

OS's seem to run differently on different phones. Wish I new why.

Applications, settings, Themes are all variables amd no phone is alike.

Do it. Once you do you will truly be a crackhead. I say all this with the best intentions.

03-28-09 07:27 PM
    Based on all of the threads pleading for help, it appears you've summed it up - 'speed' is the main difference. Apparently what .113 has, is a crap load of problems I've never had with .75. Doesn't sound like the wonder-fix everyone was looking for - other than the speed.
    Huh??? I haven't had a single problem with .113 and I guarantee you, I am not alone.
    03-28-09 08:17 PM
    Huh??? I haven't had a single problem with .113 and I guarantee you, I am not alone.
    x2............
    03-28-09 08:19 PM
    No problems with .113 so far, did have to reload a mms file from .86 but other then that, been good.
    03-28-09 08:37 PM
    You can record, save, and play back video on .113 (no "unsupported format" garbage or crashes 25 seconds into recording), the camera is super fast, the accelerometer works great, apps open and close fast, the browser is WAY faster, the overall smoothness and reliability is just plain light years ahead of what it was on .75. I have no idea where the "crap load of problems" comment came from in regards to .113. Without question it's the best OS we've seen so far. Not perfect, but pretty darn close.
    03-28-09 08:49 PM
    Iv had no probs.

Speed, new browser highlighting in orange so you can see what you are selectng.
    Faster screen rotation
    Cool green highlight on the go or enter button on keyboard
    Full keyboard on portrait mode(you must enable this in screen/keyboard
    New copy n paste feature
    Auto unlock when pulling out of holster
    Camera is superfast

Only down side I've seen is the color banding on certain icons...meaning the colors on some things aren't as smooth. But no biggie imo.

03-28-09 09:37 PM
    Nothing special, I hate RIM

03-28-09 09:48 PM
    Nothing special, I hate RIM

Useless most unhelpful post....probably an Apple boy.

03-28-09 09:54 PM
    Its been buggy on my phone. My battery life and memory have dropped considerably coming from .75. I think I might try a hybrid, maybe bbcrackman v3

03-28-09 10:10 PM
    Useless most unhelpful post....probably an Apple boy.

I despise apple and would LOVE to see the storm really take off but i have been getting fed up lately. RIM needs to rewrite this OS not try to improve on an already crappy one.
    03-30-09 11:57 PM
    There are many enhancements over .75 like faster media player, far faster camera, much faster browser speed, faster overall Storm operation in general.

It is just an improvement over .75 in every way imaginable. Someone would have to be nuts to stick with .75 now.

I also realized today thanks to a poster on here that MMS, when you go from .75 to .113 isn't broken and something else I realized is that my color is 100% intact!
    03-31-09 12:00 AM
    Hi all...

This is my first post here, but I feel compelled to chime in and thank all of you responsible for the tips and help getting .113 running for everyone. I followed the instructions set forth in a couple of posts and had no trouble getting it up and running.

The only problem I had, was, when I wanted to access the browser, the icon wasn't on the screnn as it was before. I selected the app switcher, and it appeared there, but I received an error message stating in short that I had no Service Book for the browser, etc.

So, I went into the Help files, and selected the "Blackberry Help! website option, and the browser started up and its icon was on the home screen afterwards... Hmmm! Maybe my experience will help someone with a similar problem.

I love the upgrade to .113. been playin with it for hours now, and can't believe the difference! Oh... and my MMS works fine, too.

Thanks again... and does this mean I'm an official Crackberry now? LOL!

Scott
    03-31-09 01:30 AM
    You can record, save, and play back video on .113 (no "unsupported format" garbage or crashes 25 seconds into recording), the camera is super fast, the accelerometer works great, apps open and close fast, the browser is WAY faster, the overall smoothness and reliability is just plain light years ahead of what it was on .75. I have no idea where the "crap load of problems" comment came from in regards to .113. Without question it's the best OS we've seen so far. Not perfect, but pretty darn close.
    Maybe he read the countless number of threads that have people complaining that something doesnt work with .113. I'm sure .113 is better then .75 for most, but lets not act like there isnt any problems with it.
    03-31-09 06:29 AM
    .113's **** is bigger than .75's
    03-31-09 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD