Hi, iv got a bit of a story, and over all i am wondering whever it is worth my time trying to get some kind of compo out of Vodafone for messing me about.... K here goes.

I got my First STORM just over a week ago as an apgrade. At first it was all good but then it started having way to many re boots for my liking so i called up to get an exchange, it took me 40 minutes to get through and arrange this and i was promised the next day exchange AM. 15.30 the next day i call up, 30 min wait... ''The phone is on the way they say''. 16.00 it turns up.

Second phone.... Real bad screen clicker issues. Call back up same day 17.00, 45 min wait. A new one will be sent to me 2 days later (today).

Third STORM delivered to my work today. Made in Hungary, 02.01.09..... A whole panel off the front of the phone is missing, i can see screws and tape! WTF!? + add the fact that the screen was worse then the last one i sent back!..... so Call them back up... this time 50 minute wait. (Bearing in mind this is all out of my lunch break and i had wasted various shorter breaks trying to get through but failed because i ran out of time and cud not wait any longer!).... A new phone will now be with me in 2 days time.

So in total, within the space of 11 Days, i am on my Third STORM, all with different problems and i have wasted at least 3 hours 15 minutes on the phone to Vodafone, and who knows if this is even over as i am yet to recieve the new one (im still currently stuck with the half a STORM they just sent me!)....

So my question is, do u think Vodafone have messed me around enough to get on the phone to them and get some kind of Compo, as in, money off my next bill or something?

I know its a bit of a rant lol but i am fuming iv wasted so much time and litterally got no where! Let me no if any one else has has simular problems and complained. Cheers for reading about my miserable life!
    02-02-09 11:19 AM
    Wow that really sux man. Ive had my Storm since mid December and only have had a few issues with the reboot. If your concerned with any comps from your provider I suggest you read your contract and see if it states that your provider will comp through warranty or seomething. Im not really sure how these contracts go being that my wifes is the contract holder and she pays the bill and all that nice stuff. But any way GOOD LUCK with your next Storm.
    02-02-09 11:32 AM
    What do you mean a whol panel was missing? ...one of the buttons?

I'm sorry you had to go through this, that is awful. I didn't even know they made the phones in Hungary (thought it was only Canada and Mexico)

You guys must have Vodafone corporate stores where you are right? It's always better talking to someone face to face...instant closure.

All I have to say is stick it out, this phone is the future of the sport of cell phoning and with all negative experiences aside will be worth it in the long run. Hang in there it will all be worth it!

As far as getting money off your bill...I call my cable company and tell them the service sucks, they always take like 20 bucks off Cable is overpriced anyway. Give it a shot with Vodafone
    Last edited by BBartist; 02-02-09 at 11:41 AM.
    02-02-09 11:39 AM
    What do you mean a whol panel was missing? ...one of the buttons?

I'm sorry you had to go through this, that is awful. I didn't even know they made the phones in Hungary (thought it was only Canada and Mexico)

You guys must have Vodafone corporate stores where you are right? It's always better talking to someone face to face...instant closure.

All I have to say is stick it out, this phone is the future of the sport of cell phoning and with all negative experiences aside will be worth it in the long run. Hang in there it will all be worth it!

As far as getting money off your bill...I call my cable company and tell them the service sucks, they always take like 20 bucks off Cable is overpriced anyway. Give it a shot with Vodafone

Yeah i know, i didnt think they made them in Hungary either!? lol

Right, u no under the BB button, return key, make and end call keys... thers a small panel between them and the bottom. Yeah well that was missing lol

I know this phone is awsome, and i know iv had rotton luck, im just more annoyed by the messing about and loss of lunch hours! il keep going tho. And il def call Vodafone up now and get them to slash my bill big stylee! Cheers
    02-02-09 11:48 AM
    Well I'm sorry but I don't know what to say ... you probably shouldn't have returned your first model at all since random reboots typically indicates a software instead of hardware problem and the problem could be corrected in software updates. In fact I'm a little surprised that they even offered to exchange the phone for you.

I can't comment that much on your second two hardware issues except that you only played around with the phone for 1 hour to determine it had screen click issues? What did you compare it to? How do you know the screen click was bad?

Oh and finally I don't know much about Vodafone but on Verizon USA anybody who waits for more than 10 minutes for a customer support agent is a dummy, just keep pressing zero and you'll get an operator in like 15 seconds. Good luck.
    02-02-09 12:39 PM
    Could you post a picture? I wonder how that gap looks.
    02-02-09 12:51 PM
    Well I'm sorry but I don't know what to say ... you probably shouldn't have returned your first model at all since random reboots typically indicates a software instead of hardware problem and the problem could be corrected in software updates. In fact I'm a little surprised that they even offered to exchange the phone for you.

I can't comment that much on your second two hardware issues except that you only played around with the phone for 1 hour to determine it had screen click issues? What did you compare it to? How do you know the screen click was bad?

Oh and finally I don't know much about Vodafone but on Verizon USA anybody who waits for more than 10 minutes for a customer support agent is a dummy, just keep pressing zero and you'll get an operator in like 15 seconds. Good luck.

To be honest, at the moment i am regretting returning the first phone, i didnt know that much about the Storm at the time and i just thought id try my luck with a new one. To be fair tho i didnt realise that i would have such rubbish luck with hardware tho... i mean how can n e 1 expect a half stripped down phone turn up at ur door?? lol It couldnt of been predicted.

Also about the click problem. I knew it wasnt right (even after an hour) because the whole screen clicked perfect apart from the entire bottom, it was like i had to really push hard just to click, and comparing it to the clicker on the first one and the rest of the screen that clicked fine, i knew it was a bad apple.

And as for waiting 3 hours on the phone to Vodafone, its not like i was just pressing options... i had a direct line to the Exchange department, i was just at the back of a really really big que all of the time! I could press 0 all day long if i wanted, it wudnt make a blind bit of difference! lol

Lets see how Storm number 4 turns out shall we.

oh and as for posting a photo of my naff panelless Storm i have at the mo, il see what i can do tonight.
    02-03-09 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD