Right: Virtual Keyboard - helps on opera and just a good way to pull up or pull down the keyboard at a single click. Also, it's great when you are in landscape mode because of the position of the key.
    Left: Application Switcher - great to switch back and forth. also helps letting you know which programs are still running.
    11-30-08 06:21 PM
    nice. My right set to virtual keyboard and left set to voice dial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 06:31 PM
    default as of right now
    11-30-08 06:32 PM
    Default for me, works good to me, I am always using the voice dial, and I take pics like it is no ones business. It is a lot faster then finding my dig cam and all that stuff, so it works well...
    11-30-08 06:36 PM
    Same as you, application switcher and keyboard are too useful and it gets tedious accessing them with menus. Most of the time the keyboard can be accessed without a menu but it is still good to have for non storm specific apps.
    11-30-08 06:37 PM
    Applications on left, Messages on right. I use to have virtual keyboard but I learned you can just swipe the screen for it.

11-30-08 06:37 PM
    Is thee anyway to change the icons on sop switcher?

11-30-08 07:18 PM
    Right - Messages
    Left - Browser

for now.
    11-30-08 07:24 PM
    right camera
    left profiles
    11-30-08 07:26 PM
    weird on .65, i have left set to keyboard, it doesnt work.

i was in contacts and pressed the button, it didnt do anything.
    11-30-08 07:27 PM
    I have my left set to calendar b/c I use it a lot and right still set to camera. Helps when you need a quick snapshot!
    11-30-08 07:30 PM
    you guys know you can just hold the bb button to bring up the application switcher right?

I have the left key set to sms/mms and right to voice dialing.
    11-30-08 07:30 PM
    you guys know you can just hold the bb button to bring up the application switcher right?

I have the left key set to sms/mms and right to voice dialing.
    Oh snap!! Thanks, vv!! I will have to find something else to use my left convenience key.
    11-30-08 07:36 PM
    Oh snap!! Thanks, vv!! I will have to find something else to use my left convenience key.
    word. also you can hold the back button to completely exit out the program you are in. instead of going bb menu, close. I recommend everyone check out the ULTIMATE trick/tips thread which is stickied to the top.
    11-30-08 07:42 PM
    Right: Virtual Keyboard - helps on opera and just a good way to pull up or pull down the keyboard at a single click. Also, it's great when you are in landscape mode because of the position of the key.
    Left: Application Switcher - great to switch back and forth. also helps letting you know which programs are still running.
    Left = Voice dial

Right = Manage connections to turn bluetooth on and off quickly for the car etc.

On my previous blackberries I mapped left to manage connections and right to app switcher.

In 4.7 on the storm there is no need to waste a convience key on the app switcher. If you press and hold the BBmenu key the app switcher will pop-op in about 2-3 seconds.
    11-30-08 07:55 PM
    Right: keyboard
    Left: sms/mms
    11-30-08 07:56 PM
    I dont understand why so many people have a key mapped to bring up the keyboard. what is the reasoning for this?
    11-30-08 08:55 PM
    Right > Default (Camera)
    Left > QSMS --something I used frequently on my Curve, works well on Storm when you disable Compatibility Mode in the Apps list
    11-30-08 09:05 PM
    I dont understand why so many people have a key mapped to bring up the keyboard. what is the reasoning for this?
    Use Opera and you will find out.
    11-30-08 10:20 PM
    I knew about holding the bb key to bring up the application switcher but I kept hearing 2-3 seconds so I didn't even try it because I could do it through the menus faster then that. I tried it just now and it takes half a second or less. So yea kind of a waste of a button I guess.
    11-30-08 10:28 PM
    Left keyboard, right Capture it or nothing...

11-30-08 10:36 PM
    I have disabled both of my convenience keys because I don't think they are in a convenient location and I hit them on accident far to often.

11-30-08 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD