Sorry if this has been posted before, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I just received a new storm as my 1st one crapped out and i am going to sell the new one right after i activate it and cancel the line with the storm on it. However my question is this: do I leave the sim card in when i sell it or do i remove it?

The verizon pamphlet i got with my new storm says not to remove either one, the new storms or the old one. But I'm curious if any info is going to be on them or should i take both of them out before i sell the one and send the other back so they both will be sim-card-less when they arrive at their destinations?
    07-15-09 11:42 PM
    Leave the SIM card in the Storm. If they're with Verizon and they roam, they'll need it. If they're using it with a GSM carrier, they won't need it.
    07-15-09 11:54 PM
    OK cool thank you so much.
    07-15-09 11:55 PM
    can u tell me what went wrong with your first storm?
    07-16-09 06:10 AM
    Sorry if this has been posted before, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I just received a new storm as my 1st one crapped out and i am going to sell the new one right after i activate it and cancel the line with the storm on it. However my question is this: do I leave the sim card in when i sell it or do i remove it?

The verizon pamphlet i got with my new storm says not to remove either one, the new storms or the old one. But I'm curious if any info is going to be on them or should i take both of them out before i sell the one and send the other back so they both will be sim-card-less when they arrive at their destinations?
    Above all...make sure you call Verizon and have them release your PIN or else no one else will be able to create email accounts. And if you don't delete your email accounts from the storm, whoever buys it will still be recieving all of your emails.

I just went through this after buying a storm on ebay. The PIN was still in use and I couldn't use the email system. The previous owner wasn't responing to my requests to have the PIN released, so I had no problem doing a return and getting a refund through PayPal. Anyone knows that a blackberry without email is useless.

Good luck.
    07-16-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD