A little background: I participate in a media measurement program where they pay for my AT&T service/give me a phone and the phone listens to the media I consume and tracks it... it's part of how they develop viewership ratings for TV/etc. It's a nice little setup, unlimited everything (though with a crappy device) for free. I was planning to switch to a Storm when they come out, but now I'm in a bind: they're discontinuing the program as of 11/20 (week from tomorrow).

So, what should I do? I guess my two options are to port the number to my own AT&T account and pay monthly for a month, then get the Storm, or should I get a Curve on VZW and then return it for a Storm? I guess the risks involved in that are if the Storm is super popular (and out of stock), I'm stuck with the Curve/have to pay full retail for the Storm. On the other hand, is there a limit on how often you can port phone numbers? Like, could I port it to AT&T for a month and then port it again to VZW?

Hoping for some advice from you hardcore phone guys

Thanks.
    11-12-08 03:37 PM
    I bought a $100 8830 off ebay. It works fine, I'm waiting for the storm, as soon as it comes out i'll sell it on ebay for $100.
    11-12-08 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD