So.. I should be receiving my new Storm in my hands next Tuesday...

My question... what should I be doing and in what order?

1) Plug it in and charge it for 24 hours?
    2) Activate?
    3) Download latest OS?

What will you be doing and in what order?

-sjf
    11-19-08 03:42 PM
    plug it in and activate lol
    11-19-08 03:44 PM
    I forgot about charging lol so ill start with that, in the mean time flip through manual since it will be my first BB and then probably setup my email. Activation is in there somewhere.
    11-19-08 03:44 PM
    activate it, do my OTA upgrade, and then charge it when needed.
    11-19-08 03:46 PM
    plug it in and turn it on
    i think your mean to charge for 24 hours?! i've never managed that with anyphone!
    11-19-08 03:48 PM
    pray that the problems we have in the uk are sorted!! Otherwise turn off 3g, turn down screen brightness, turn off vibrate, turn off gps,dont browse that much and try not to make any calls and you might last the day without the battery dying. But dont take any pics unless your object is dead still as mine take 8 seconds to complete the shot!!

I drained mine down and then give it a few overnight charges as advised in the store but still having battery life problems. I really really want to like this phone but its so bloody difficult at the moment. Hopefully they can sort these problems out as, to look at, its a great phone but thats not all that usefull really is it?
    11-19-08 03:48 PM
    Run, and don't look back. It will look like the Shaun of the Dead for all the people who didn't get one.
    11-19-08 03:49 PM
    What you need to do is be careful and set the device down in a safe place. Then take a few steps back and sit down in your favorite chair to study your new user manual. These Storms are sure to be dangerous when placed in the hands of those who don't meet the qualifications.

Sorry- just couldn't help it...
    11-19-08 03:50 PM
    Send it to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 03:51 PM
    pray that the problems we have in the uk are sorted!! Otherwise turn off 3g, turn down screen brightness, turn off vibrate, turn off gps,dont browse that much and try not to make any calls and you might last the day without the battery dying. But dont take any pics unless your object is dead still as mine take 8 seconds to complete the shot!!

I drained mine down and then give it a few overnight charges as advised in the store but still having battery life problems. I really really want to like this phone but its so bloody difficult at the moment. Hopefully they can sort these problems out as, to look at, its a great phone but thats not all that usefull really is it?
    I had this issue with my UK Bold... it was replaced within days.
    11-19-08 04:20 PM
    What you need to do is be careful and set the device down in a safe place. Then take a few steps back and sit down in your favorite chair to study your new user manual. These Storms are sure to be dangerous when placed in the hands of those who don't meet the qualifications.

Sorry- just couldn't help it...
    you forgot highlight all the important parts!
    11-19-08 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD