I just got my replacement Storm today and I was wondering if I am able to keep the battery and memory card out of the old one and just send back the bare unit or do I have to send everything back to Asurion? I only ask because any time I have ever gotten a replacement phone it doesn't come with a battery or anything.
    12-18-08 05:52 PM
    Did your replacement come with those items?

If so, then i am pretty sure they want those back.
    12-18-08 05:58 PM
    If it came from Asurion that means it was an insurance claim. That is different than getting a replacement unit sent directly from Verizon for hardware/software issues.
    12-18-08 06:00 PM
    If you get a full replacement you have to send a full model back... including accessories and everything else that comes in box...
    12-18-08 06:01 PM
    I got an a brand new unopened box...accessories and all.
    12-18-08 06:02 PM
    Correct, send everything that came with it back. Or whatever you have left of it.

I'm sending mine back with cracked screen from malfunctions and no battery cover from malfunctions.
    12-18-08 06:03 PM
    Why don't you just call or message Asurion. Simple as that. I would trust their word over a forum any day. Plus you can blame them if someone gave you wrong info and not some dude on a forum.
    12-18-08 06:04 PM
    If you get a full replacement you have to send a full model back... including accessories and everything else that comes in box...
    They sent me a tiny little envelope to send them the old phone. I couldnt fit anything else in there even if I tried.
    12-18-08 06:04 PM
    I had the same question when I got my replacement so I called VZW when I received mine and they told me any of the accessories that I don't return they would bill it to my account for the retail price of that accessory.
    12-18-08 06:07 PM
    Asurion rep says I can keep all accessories including the battery and the 8gb mem card...just paid for the replacement fee right there!
    12-18-08 06:10 PM
    I had the same question when I got my replacement so I called VZW when I received mine and they told me any of the accessories that I don't return they would bill it to my account for the retail price of that accessory.
    Funny, they told me the exact opposite....said that I should keep everything. Because I was skeptical, I asked the CSR to make a note in my account stating that I had called and was told to return only the faulty phone.

I will find out in a few days what happens there. If they want the rest of it back, I have it all ready to go for them if they send me a shipping label.
    12-18-08 06:15 PM
    Asurion rep says I can keep all accessories including the battery and the 8gb mem card...just paid for the replacement fee right there!
    There ya go. Happy Stormin!
    12-18-08 06:19 PM
    If its from ausurian all u send back is the phone, noi battery or cover that's how it is with every other phone, it says that on the envolope

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD