Apologies if this information is posted elsewhere, but I did not see it. I am planning to sell my 9530 but wanted to know what I need to do other than wiping the device. Do I need to also unlock it? Anything else? If I just wipe the device is it freely transferable?

Thanks!
    10-19-09 03:00 PM
    Wipe it to erase any personal info store on it, call your carrier to release the device PIN so the person who buys It can activated, and unlocking it will make it easier to sell, you can also sell it for a bit more...
    10-19-09 03:08 PM
    Will Verizon generally release the device PIN? I assume I just need to call technical assistance for this? Will they provide an unlock code or is this something I need to purchase?

Thanks!
    10-19-09 03:31 PM
    Sometimes they will help you unlock it, sometimes not - though being polite and honest will help.

If not, check eBay - I'll look for the person I got my code from. Excellent customer service.

CarrierUnlock - (Powered by CubeCart)
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 10-19-09 at 03:41 PM.
    10-19-09 03:38 PM
    You don't have to unlock anything. Just go into your email settings and delete any email accounts you have setup.

If you setup a username to login to email settings THEN you'll want to call your carrier and just ask them to delete the BIS account.

It's that simple.
    10-19-09 04:09 PM
    Just to clarify here, releasing the PIN and unlocking the phone are 2 different things:

Like bucky716 said above, if you've created a login for your email settings, then you'll want to get that account deleted. That way the next user can't access your email.

You can also unlock the phone, which means you can sell it for more money (this way T-mobile and AT&T users can also buy it. Keep in mind if you don't unlock it, only verizon customers can use your phone.)To unlock the phone, call verizon and tell them you are traveling to Europe and you want to use a local SIM card. They should give this unlock code for free. If they refuse to give it, call back until you get someone that will give you the unlock code.
    10-19-09 04:15 PM
    Back up your phone with DM. Use your PC to remove items stored in device memory and media card. Go to options, security, security wipe. This will remove all personal info and set the device back like new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 06:24 PM
    unlocking your phone may increase the numbers of potential buyers if u r selling to worlwide.
    10-19-09 10:34 PM
    Wipe your phone and be done with it. If the buyer wishes to unlock the device for use on other carriers, that is their issue. As long as your account is in good standing and the ESN is no longer associated with it, you will be fine.
    10-19-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD