I am going to order a 16gig class 6 from newegg... Was wondering if anybody new the "class" of the 8 gig that comes with the storm. It would� Be interesting if I saw significant speed improvements in terms if access time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 10:24 AM
    as it says right on the card itself... class 2. (it's the 2 with the circle around it on the front)
    05-14-09 10:30 AM
    If you had done a search, you would have found the answer to this.

It is a class 2 and getting a class 6 card won't make sense since the device supposedly only reads/writes at class 2 speeds. In other words, if you install a class 4, it will be just as fast as a class 2. The same goes for a class 6 card. The maximum speed you can attain is that of a class 2.

There was also deliberation about putting images and such (backgrounds and ringtones) on the device memory to see if the OS responds a little quicker since it isn't hindered by the SD card, but there really isn't any difference. The Storm will stay at its own speed regardless of what media form you are using.

I'm not trying to rag on you, but again, you would have found this if you had done a search.

05-14-09 11:01 AM
    I have a 16 gig class 6 card and it does seem much faster than my stock 8 gig card. When I reboot and it gets to the point where it shows the media card progress bar, it seems to me that it moves across about twice as fast as it did before.
    05-14-09 11:10 AM
    I have a 16 gig class 6 card and it does seem much faster than my stock 8 gig card. When I reboot and it gets to the point where it shows the media card progress bar, it seems to me that it moves across about twice as fast as it did before.
    Nothing to do with Media Card. That's the normal security check for the OS on startup. You might be confusing it because it can sometime overlap the Media Card Inserted popup.
    05-14-09 12:24 PM
    If you had done a search, you would have found the answer to this.

Add another name to the list of those ate up with self-righteous indignation.

There is nothing new under the sun, so technically speaking, 99.99999% of all questions have been asked before. Using the logic of the self-annointed Q&A police (I.e., you ) nobody should ever ask a question at any time.
    Shut the forums down; they're redundant and obsolete.

/reductio ad absurdum

Your 3-line middle paragraph had the answer and that was all you had to post, though you had been beaten to it. The remaining was unnecessary and a waste of time and was really nothing more than self-aggrandizement.

At least you impressed yourself I guess.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 05-14-09 at 12:44 PM.
    05-14-09 12:37 PM
    The title of this thread says "micro sim card". I assume it is actually about the "micro SD card", not the GSM SIM card?
    05-14-09 02:51 PM
    Add another name to the list of those ate up with self-righteous indignation.

There is nothing new under the sun, so technically speaking, 99.99999% of all questions have been asked before. Using the logic of the self-annointed Q&A police (I.e., you ) nobody should ever ask a question at any time.
    Shut the forums down; they're redundant and obsolete.

/reductio ad absurdum

Your 3-line middle paragraph had the answer and that was all you had to post, though you had been beaten to it. The remaining was unnecessary and a waste of time and was really nothing more than self-aggrandizement.

At least you impressed yourself I guess.
    And, according to your definition and translation of "a waste of time" and "unnecessary," your entire post was just that. So, let's "add (yet) another name to the list of those ate up with self-righteous indignation."

NONE of your post was necessary and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in your post even came close to helping anybody. Who do you think you are to judge me and where did you get the audacity to condemn me for giving direction to someone who doesn't realize they have to tools to succeed yet?

You, not the forum, should be shut down and you should be put in your place...
    05-14-09 04:02 PM
    Oooohhhh! Can I be put in MY place? It sounds naughty!

05-14-09 05:27 PM
    You're both as cool as a 30 year old man with erectial dysfunction.
    Stop fighting over the interwebz. Makes you sound ignorant.

On the other half OP I don't see harm done in asking your question.

Carry on...

Last edited by BrianW2007; 05-14-09 at 05:53 PM.
    05-14-09 05:49 PM
    man this is very confusing. Many people say that a class 6 microSD card is faster and people in this thread says it doesn't, with valid reasoning.

definitely not going to shell out 70 bucks until a definitive answer is made.
    05-14-09 06:58 PM
    How about somebody does some research into what the capabilities of the Storm actually are, then report back citing references. Until then, can I be put into my place? I'm still waiting.

05-14-09 09:39 PM
    man this is very confusing. Many people say that a class 6 microSD card is faster and people in this thread says it doesn't, with valid reasoning.

definitely not going to shell out 70 bucks until a definitive answer is made.
    All blackberry's to date have been built with class 2 memory card slots. Anything more requires more power for the speed which in turn kills the battery faster than it currently drains.
    05-14-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD