So, by the end of the day, I'm down to 0 application memory. I can't imagine this is normal. How do I tell what program is causing the leak? Thanks in advance!

-Mike
    03-22-09 07:10 PM
    Trial and error is probably your best bet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 07:15 PM
    I had issues with Viigo making my phone run slow, and I also had MAJOR issues with the Twitter beta that just came out. If you're running with either of those, that could be your issue.
    03-22-09 07:19 PM
    So, by the end of the day, I'm down to 0 application memory. I can't imagine this is normal. How do I tell what program is causing the leak? Thanks in advance!

-Mike
    Wow 0! What do you have running?
    03-22-09 07:21 PM
    Easy enough. Just remove all the apps and add them back one by one. You'll find the culprit soon enough.
    03-22-09 07:21 PM
    If you have weatherbug, delete it.
    03-22-09 07:22 PM
    If you have weatherbug, delete it.
    Uh, why? I have no issues with weatherbug causing mem leaks as long as it is set up correctly.

To the OP what applications are you running? And are you closing them properly when you are done with them?
    03-22-09 07:33 PM
    Uh, why? I have no issues with weatherbug causing mem leaks as long as it is set up correctly.

To the OP what applications are you running? And are you closing them properly when you are done with them?

No I'm not closing a lot of Apps down when I'm done with them. Does leaving them running cause the app memory to go away?

I have:
    Slacker
    Wall Street Journal
    The Street
    YouTube
    Google Maps
    WeatherBug
    VyMail
    Poynt
    Bank of America
    Gmail
    123Spoof
    03-22-09 07:53 PM
    oh my sir! You NEED to make sure you close the apps properly because they will send and receive and cause you phone to slow down and your memory to decrease. Just make sure you hit the bb button and select close to properly close the app.
    Last edited by joeymusleh; 03-22-09 at 08:34 PM.
    03-22-09 07:56 PM
    it's most likely either your weatherbug or youtube app.
    03-22-09 07:58 PM
    it's most likely either your weatherbug or youtube app.
    Read the post above you. He explained the solution to this persons problem perfectly. When you are done using a program, the program needs to be closed. Otherwise it continues to run and the OS can't reclaim the memory for future use.
    03-22-09 08:11 PM
    i'm aware of that, however, youtube and weatherbug are two known apps that can have an adverse affect on your app memory.
    03-22-09 08:19 PM
    i'm aware of that, however, youtube and weatherbug are two known apps that can have an adverse affect on your app memory.
    I have both of those apps and close them properly when I am done. I use them regularly. I might restart my phone once a week. I average 35MB of free memory.
    03-22-09 08:25 PM
    There all good comments! "Can't we all just get along?" LOL!!
    03-22-09 08:25 PM
    God i hate seeing how much free memory you guys have. Us 8830 users are lucky to have 16 or 17. Can't wait for the Niagra!
    03-22-09 08:26 PM
    I have both of those apps and close them properly when I am done. I use them regularly. I might restart my phone once a week. I average 35MB of free memory.
    it's obviously going to be different for everyone. some users may notice them eating their memory while other users may not. simple as that.
    03-22-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD