I'm somewhat of a flashaholic, and I'm curious if anyone knows what LED is used in the Storm for the camera? It's a wonderful LED - very bright, nice flood coverage, and a very white light. Better than any of my small flashlights using a 5mm Nichia LED. I couldn't find this information searching. Any of you know?
    03-14-09 12:43 AM
    I have many LEDS I buy for my car (under lights - inside and out lighting) I love LEDS too and when I first saw this cam light I went crazy... No clue what kind it is but its better then most of the stuff for my vehicle haha...

Wish they would make an app to utilize that as the flash light instead of the other led for status!
    03-14-09 12:57 AM
    Seems less like an LED flash and more like a Xenon flash (the fact that the lens over the flash shows discoloration is a dead giveaway...it is from the heat, which LEDs don't emit but Xenons do).

Please correct me if I am wrong though, four beers and some J�ger and it could be a squirrel holding a candle with a tinfoil reflector for all I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 02:28 AM
    it could be a squirrel holding a candle with a tinfoil reflector for all I know.
    Thats just nutz <--- see what i did there.... fti to get down to the bottom of this i turned on the magical light under the video setting and stared into it... what i made out after viewing at different angles it used multiple blue dots that fly all over...
    03-14-09 02:53 AM
    Seems less like an LED flash and more like a Xenon flash (the fact that the lens over the flash shows discoloration is a dead giveaway...it is from the heat, which LEDs don't emit but Xenons do).

Please correct me if I am wrong though, four beers and some J�ger and it could be a squirrel holding a candle with a tinfoil reflector for all I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is an OLED, the discoloration you see is a color correction coating on the inner lens this help give the pictures a less "green" look when using the flash mode. It is an amazing amount of light in such a small device. OLEDs are fast becoming popular in premium flat panel TVs and laptop displays.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-14-09 at 03:09 AM.
    03-14-09 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD