Don't get me wrong love this phone but my battery only last about 20-24 hours. I am not a heavy using by any means. Is there something wrong, or do I need to change something.
    12-20-08 10:56 PM
    Same with most people Ive seen, upcoming software will fix it. Deleting unused apps will make it better.
    12-20-08 10:58 PM
    Do you have GPS on? Have you turned off the GSM data coverage? What OS are you running? I used to get 24 hours at the most but running .76 I can go 48+
    12-20-08 10:59 PM
    Set the Mobile Network to 1xEV, not global, and make sure you don't have a bunch of apps running the in background.
    12-20-08 11:03 PM
    In addition to above posts, I set backlight to 10 and I easily get 50+ with about 10-20% left.
    12-20-08 11:26 PM
    not sure whats up with it, but I am currently at 36+ hrs and have a little under half left... I think 48-54 hrs is good for a phone that has the capabilities of the storm
    12-20-08 11:30 PM
    I never get more than 12 hrs with normal usage. That SUCKS. Tried all the tricks/settings/suggestions... No dice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 11:35 PM
    I get 2-3 days out of a cycle.
    12-20-08 11:36 PM
    Set the Mobile Network to 1xEV, not global, and make sure you don't have a bunch of apps running the in background.
    can you tell me how to do this? and is it confirmed that it extends bat life?
    12-20-08 11:41 PM
    Wow, i've never even thought about getting more than a day out of the battery on my phone. My pearl would only last about 20 hours on a full charge, and I sure didn't expect the storm to be any better.

That said my original storm would get around 20 hours no problem. My replacement would only get about 10, put the original battery in the replacement phone and i'm back to 20 hours. So theirs something up with some of the batteries out there.

12-20-08 11:47 PM
    Also a trick that helps and fixes some other problems:

Pull battery, remove SIM card, replace battery.

That seems to have helped my phone out in more ways than one. Still 20 to 24 hours I wouldn't complain too much. Just my opinion.

The only reason you need a SIM card is for overseas or if you want to put the storm on another network besides verizon

Assuming you have the 9530 and not the 9500, in that case you may want to keep the SIM. LOL

Last edited by bwhite757; 12-20-08 at 11:52 PM.
    12-20-08 11:50 PM
    Also a trick that helps and fixes some other problems:

Pull battery, remove SIM card, replace battery.
    I don't doubt that improved your battery life, I just wonder why.
    12-20-08 11:55 PM
    Wow, i've never even thought about getting more than a day out of the battery on my phone. My pearl would only last about 20 hours on a full charge, and I sure didn't expect the storm to be any better.

That said my original storm would get around 20 hours no problem. My replacement would only get about 10, put the original battery in the replacement phone and i'm back to 20 hours. So theirs something up with some of the batteries out there.

Hmm I wonder if you've got something there...

12-20-08 11:57 PM
    I'm beginning to suspect there is a substantial variance in batteries as well. I have a replacement I ordered for sound quality issues. The replacement has the 1380min battery the original, the 1400. The 1380 is substantially better than the original battery. Turns out after installing .83 on both, the original now sounds great, the replacement improved, but not nearly as much. I'm keeping the replacement's battery and sending it back with the old 1400.
    12-20-08 11:57 PM
    This could explain a lot. The initial pre launch battery claims are just so far from reality. Maybe there are a lot of defective batteries out
    there?

12-21-08 12:01 AM
    I don't doubt that improved your battery life, I just wonder why.
    Removing the SIM defaults your phone to the CDMA network or 1x EV. I also believe it may be disabling some features we are unaware of b/c we're not using it on a GSM network. There's no doubt there are bugs with this phone, so there's most likely some that deal with the SIM card. So I say pull it out and get rid of the problem.

12-21-08 12:15 AM
    Removing the SIM defaults your phone to the CDMA network or 1x EV. I also believe it may be disabling some features we are unaware of b/c we're not using it on a GSM network. There's no doubt there are bugs with this phone, so there's most likely some that deal with the SIM card. So I say pull it out and get rid of the problem.

I'm fine with getting rid of the SIM card, but battery improvements by removing the Sim card is news to me.
    I'm thinking this would've widely known if true.
    Anyone?
    12-21-08 12:18 AM
    My replacement device mixed with the .75 OS has lead to me getting about 2 days of battery life. Before with my first model i got on the 21st and .65 i couldn't even go a whole day without charging. It has not doubt gotten better and now I just let it charge overnight and I'm good to go. I got longer battery life before i switched it from Global to 1XEV but i did have it on 10 brightness
    12-21-08 12:23 AM
    I wouldn't think the device would use the SIM in a way that would put drain on the battery unless it was using it for communications. any use would be negligible.

i was always under the impression that if you weren't traveling abroad or hacked your device to use the SIM in "unsupported" ways that it was basically inactive for all intents and purposes.
    12-21-08 12:26 AM
    Mine is horrible. I woke up today at 10 at 7 pm I had low battery with moderate use. Horrible

12-21-08 12:32 AM
    Am I the only one who charges my phone every night anyhow?

12-21-08 12:32 AM
    I'm getting 2 - 21/2 days on full charge with normal use. Weatherbug running, texting, a few e-mails, calls & BB maps. Seems reasonable for this type of device.
    12-21-08 01:15 AM
    im getting like 15 hours on mine with some good use. pre ordered my seidio extended last night.
    12-21-08 01:34 AM
    around 15h of batt life. I am trying to introduce the changes to improve it. I am thinking of calling VZW to request a battery replacement (?!). Waiting for the .83 official to see if it gets better. At least 48h!
    12-21-08 09:06 AM
    I'm doing a test right now. My first seemed to need a charge after a day and basically no real usage. Now I'm on my 2nd storm but using the same battery. Not sure if why,but the battery is lasting twice as long with the same settings. Also, at my job, there is barely any service, so it sits there a lot probably going in and out of service which I believe kills the battery. I charged it Friday night at home, turned it on Saturday morning around 8:30am. Shut it off last night around 11pm, turned it back on around 8:30am today, and I still have 65% with some decent usage yesterday. So to me it seems the worse your coverage is, the quicker the battery dies.
    12-21-08 09:33 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD