I have sprint and I love them. I have the simply everything plan which is MUCH MUCH less than verizons plan. I wont change to verizon... But I want the storm badly. So I've heard alot of talk about it eventually coming out on sprint and possibly when it does it might be slightly altered. But how long am I going to have to wait for sprint to get the phone!? Someone help me out please!
    11-26-08 03:13 PM
    Sprint is a good example of "you get what you pay for".

I ditched them soooo quickly.
    11-26-08 03:28 PM
    6 yrs with Sprint was enough for me.
    11-26-08 04:36 PM
    F-sprint. i was with them over 8 years!! i ditched them for the Storm.

couldn't be happier.

(i have not received my first Verizon bill yet)
    11-26-08 06:40 PM
    Ones things for sure when Sprint does release the Storm it will blow verizon overpiced crippled Pos away!

Just like the pearl, just like the 8830, just like the Curve!

Happy Sprint Bashing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 06:48 PM
    Ones things for sure when Sprint does release the Storm it will blow verizon overpiced crippled Pos away!

Just like the pearl, just like the 8830, just like the Curve!

Happy Sprint Bashing

what good is a phone doing the things you said if your stuck with a network with less coverage then a stripper chest. i had nextel when they were merging and i had literally no bars everywhere i went except one spot at my friends house. my dad had sprint and had the same issues, only reason we stuck with them is because he was a police officer and got a great government discount. after i had enough money i paid the termination fee on two lines just to go to verizon
    11-26-08 06:58 PM
    I just switched from Sprint to Verizon. If I wasn't living in DC I might still be with Sprint also there aren't many phones with Sprint that interest me either.
    11-26-08 07:03 PM
    what good is a phone doing the things you said if your stuck with a network with less coverage then a stripper chest. i had nextel when they were merging and i had literally no bars everywhere i went except one spot at my friends house. my dad had sprint and had the same issues, only reason we stuck with them is because he was a police officer and got a great government discount. after i had enough money i paid the termination fee on two lines just to go to verizon
    Nextel - is a totally different network then Sprint.

Actually if you look at the facts rather then Kool Aid drinking, you'd see Sprint actually offers more coverage then Verizon.

My phone is never without service so I wouldnt know. If my Phone is without Sprint service I will roam onto Verizon's for free, but that barely ever happens.
    11-27-08 09:16 PM
    The storm is exclusive to Verizon. Spring will not be getting it. Get over it.
    11-27-08 09:40 PM
    Nextel - is a totally different network then Sprint.

Actually if you look at the facts rather then Kool Aid drinking, you'd see Sprint actually offers more coverage then Verizon.

My phone is never without service so I wouldnt know. If my Phone is without Sprint service I will roam onto Verizon's for free, but that barely ever happens.
    Lenny - the Sprint Kool Aide drinker....how are ya? I'm still waiting for you to post those secret price plans you boasted about over on S.U. - you know, the ones that you posted as fact for the sheep, and when I called you out on it, you complained to your mod buddies and almost got me suspended. Mod Dan sure is in your pocket I guess. Anyway, Sprint is giving away the farm and they are still losing 1.3 million customers per quarter. Your everything plan will be a nothing plan soon enough if Dan Hesse doesn't get his act together. Heck, he can't even afford to make his commercials in color anymore. The Storm will outlive Sprint at the rate they're going.

P.S. - I had Sprint for 10 years and gladly got rid of them 2 years ago.
    11-27-08 09:54 PM
    I just left sprint to get the storm. I was on the SERO plan, which was everything (with 1250 minutes) for just 45 a month. Even though I'm paying so much more for a Blackberry, I am more comforted to be on a stable network. Sprint has been selling towers for a while now, and they also are starting to close down stores since January. They're sinking slowly.....
    11-27-08 11:05 PM
    Lenny - the Sprint Kool Aide drinker....how are ya? I'm still waiting for you to post those secret price plans you boasted about over on S.U. - you know, the ones that you posted as fact for the sheep, and when I called you out on it, you complained to your mod buddies and almost got me suspended. Mod Dan sure is in your pocket I guess. Anyway, Sprint is giving away the farm and they are still losing 1.3 million customers per quarter. Your everything plan will be a nothing plan soon enough if Dan Hesse doesn't get his act together. Heck, he can't even afford to make his commercials in color anymore. The Storm will outlive Sprint at the rate they're going.

P.S. - I had Sprint for 10 years and gladly got rid of them 2 years ago.
    I dont need to prove anything to you.....I think im happier know that I was able to get something you werent and it kills you.

I love how people want Sprint to die, so we can all expreince what its like having our wallets raped and phones crippled like you Verizon cheerleaders....

Get over it Sprint aint going anywhere, the Recession is the best thing for Sprint...Now it can start chopping away at people fed up with Verizon's rediculous nickel and diming. 80million is alot of people to satisfy, we'll see how they manage the Alltel merger.

I couldnt careless myself if Sprint ever gets the Storm (I hate All-touchscreens)....
    Last edited by Lennyj17; 11-28-08 at 06:53 AM.
    11-28-08 06:49 AM
    I dont need to prove anything to you.....I think im happier know that I was able to get something you werent and it kills you.

I love how people want Sprint to die, so we can all expreince what its like having our wallets raped and phones crippled like you Verizon cheerleaders....

Get over it Sprint aint going anywhere, the Recession is the best thing for Sprint...Now it can start chopping away at people fed up with Verizon's rediculous nickel and diming. 80million is alot of people to satisfy, we'll see how they manage the Alltel merger.

I couldnt careless myself if Sprint ever gets the Storm (I hate All-touchscreens)....
    My guess is VZW will handle the merger a heck of a lot better than Sprint did with Nextel.

So you got that secret holiday plan now huh? We'll be having fun on S.U. with you proving to your sheep the plan existed - which you know you're lying. Have fun with Sprint.
    11-28-08 07:37 AM

Dude, you gotta be kidding me. "chopping away" at someone? Are you talking about Sprint? What success have they had in the past 2 or 3 years? How does one become so boastful and confident that a company who stands out from the rest by actually LOSING as many customers as the two top companies gain, each quarter? Sorry, but does any online expert/survery ever say, "Sprint has the best coverage, call quality, or customer service"? Does any report ever show customer satisfaction from Sprint? When has Sprint ever reported stats as good as Verizon's? Not even in 2004, BEFORE the Nextel merger.

The only thing Sprint has been good at is providing cheap prices in order not to lose the rest of their customers lol.
    11-28-08 07:41 AM
    I'm surprised that someone stated Sprint has better coverage than Verizon. I had Sprint for a few years and the coverage is not better nor even the same. My friend has Sprint and can't even get a signal in his home...I on the other hand can get a signal anywhere in his home as well as fast internet etc. etc.
    Last edited by dredayholiday; 11-28-08 at 07:54 AM.
    11-28-08 07:52 AM
    I'm surprised that someone stated Sprint has better coverage than Verizon. I had Sprint for a few years and the coverage is not better nor even the same. My friend has Sprint and can't even get a signal in his home...I on the other hand can get a signal anywhere in his home as well as fast internet etc. etc.
    The fact is Sprint offers the most 3G coverage per sq mile than any carrier on paper, but.... yes a big But. Verizon has the most digital satellites of the 4 leading carriers put together. Which means Verizon will have stronger reception than any other carrier while service is available. After the merger Sprint was able to borrow or rent satellites from Verizon, which has made their service second most reliable.

I posted this a few times... But I'll say it again. There are many different areas in the US where some carriers have better signals than others, hence the bashing of sprint, t-mobile, and AT&T while others love their service and receptions.
    I live in th Dc Metropolitan area. The top 4 carriers have good signal. Although Verizon has stronger reception. Aside from underground metro, sprint is equally as reliable. Followed way behind is AT&T and T-mobile.

The only way to really see which service is gonna offer you the best service is to actully research how many digital satellites are over in your area. Remember coverage maps are just another marketing strategy to position their products...
    11-28-08 08:25 AM
    I can tell you from travelling up and down the east coast most phones maintain coverage as long as you are near a major highway. The test is to drive 30+ miles away from the major highways and see who is holding coverage. I haven't been anywhere with my verizon that I have not had coverage. Sprint and ATT were always dropping calls at the bottom of hills and such.

11-28-08 08:38 AM
    I guess all you Pro-Verizon people have to tell yourselves about best coverage in order to sleep at night know that huge phone bill is in the mail.......

Fact Sprint with its Liberal Roaming Agreements Provide more coverage then Verizon....Anyone can say but Sprint doesnt work here, and I can say well Verizon doesnt work here or ATT doesnt work there....

Nice thing about Sprint is if Im without service for whatever reason, I will piggy back on the precious Verizon for FREE!....

Where as Verizon subs if you lose Verizon service you SOL with service, just gotta wait for it to come back up. Because another way Verizon cripples things is they lock-out In-market Roaming
    11-28-08 01:06 PM
    I personally don't have a problem with sprint and I love my Curve, I have come to grips with the fact that since we JUST got the Curve it will be a while before they get a new phone (Blackberry)... But lay off on the Sprint-bashing... My phone, service, and simply everything plan is great! I will admit that Verizon is a great company but their plan prices are waaaaaaaaay too high...

11-28-08 01:24 PM
    I had Sprint from '00-'06. From the beginning until about Sept/Oct '05, Sprint was fantastic. In Dec '02 or Jan '03 I got one of if not their 1st camera phone (Sanyo 5300) and their "PCS Vision" package that included unlimited internet usage, picture sharing and text messaging (web based, not sms) for $10 a month. Plan was grandfathered for me with the purchase of the 8100, another great phone imo.

Service with both phones was fantastic from AZ to OH, sometimes by ground. Of course there were some dead spots but i would expect that over a 2100 mile trip.

Then around Sept. '05, everything went wacky. Calls wouldn't come through, texts wouldnt come through for me or others i sent them to, same with pictures.

After many calls to CS, someone finally said, hey, i think i can fix this. So, without my consent, they changed my plan. They removed the Vision plan and then re-applied it. Not only did this not fix anything, I was now being charged $30 monthly for.

So when I realized this change, I called and asked to speak with a supervisor. They told me they were sorry but there was nothing they could do. I said yes there is, you can credit my account monthly for your mistake. "No we can't" is all I could get out of anybody from Sprint.

4 months later I had Verizon and I will never, ever go back to a company that has that kind of customer service. I haven't looked at Sprint plans in a while so I dunno about the difference in price, but I have less issues with Verizon than I did with Sprint.

If not for the Nextel merger, I'd probably still be with them. I'm sure those bugs have been fixed by now, but they handled it poorly, and that I can't accept.
    11-28-08 01:51 PM
    I just canceled my sprint simply everything plan and switched to Verizon for a couple of reasons. First sprint seemed to always find a way to screw with my bill, which is kinda funny cause i had the "simply everything" plan for a "fixed rate" that seem to only be fixed on sucking the money out of my wallet. Which in my eyes is unacceptable. Especially when you call customer service and they tell you that you have racked up a $2500 phone bill in the course of 27 days.... I would then ask them how, and they would say due to the charges on roaming, text messages, and over my minutes! Then i would ask them which plan i am on , and they(sprint) would tell me the simply everything.....i know it makes no sense but this is what they do. Now as for cheap plans, yeah sure they have cheap plans if and/or when they get it right on your account. And yeah sure theyre customer service was outstanding, after i would get hung up on over the phone then take my happy *** to the store with some food and beer in the ice chest of the truck......when you take the major problems to the store they are more likely to listen and get you what you want faster because other customers can hear this......this is the only way i received good customer service from sprint.....so keep on with a company that can only treat you right if someone is watching and turn around at the same time and tack on a bunch of B.S. to everything.......i had sprint i can bash them all that i want. my f*ck*n opinion and if you dont take these actions coming from a major corporation as disrespectful and downright unprofessional then you are just blinded by the sprint c.s. rep hittin you in the eye with a huge load!
    11-28-08 03:27 PM
    Well you dont have to worry about Verizon miscellaneously charging 2500$, because that about the cost of and Everything plan with Verizon....

Let put an End to this.....

There are people who thinks Sprint sucks for what ever Reason and will bash them endlessly for it.

There are people (like me) that think Verzion is a Draconian, Price Gouging Boheimeth that will continue to Rape wallets and Cripple phones as long as people are mindless sheep to them.
    11-29-08 04:32 PM
    you'd see Sprint actually offers more coverage then Verizon.
    Yes, by using Verizon's coverage. Also some of those places Sprint "covers" in the midwest are totally UNUSABLE analog towers ( Verizons coverage is almost 100% digital). I see you live in NYC but in the boonies of the midwest and even in suburban MD, Sprint sucks for service

My phone is never without service so I wouldn't know. If my Phone is without Sprint service I will roam onto Verizon's for free, but that barely ever happens.
    Happened to me all the time on Sprint in DC/STL, I finally got fed up of paying Sprint extra to have roaming included and went to the network that Sprint was borrowing. Also, Sprint did not offer data while roaming which kind of hurts with a BB. And in DC Verizon is the only company in the Metro System tunnels.

Oh, and dont get me wrong I HATE VERIZON, but unfortunately in the US we now have a monopoly on cell phones, AT&T or Verizon. eventually the FCC will step in and break them up. Hopefully
    11-29-08 07:06 PM
    Happened to me all the time on Sprint in DC/STL, I finally got fed up of paying Sprint extra to have roaming included and went to the network that Sprint was borrowing. Also, Sprint did not offer data while roaming which kind of hurts with a BB. And in DC Verizon is the only company in the Metro System tunnels.

Oh, and dont get me wrong I HATE VERIZON, but unfortunately in the US we now have a monopoly on cell phones, AT&T or Verizon. eventually the FCC will step in and break them up. Hopefully
    You can hardly call it a monopoly, AT&T Has ~70m customers, Verizon has ~70m, and Sprint has around ~50m not that huge off a "monopoly" there. On another note anyone talking about sprint having a better coverage doesn't understand that the roaming agreement between Verizon and Sprint works both ways and Verizon has no Domestic Roaming Charges either so the entire point is useless in an argument.
    11-29-08 07:33 PM
    On another note anyone talking about sprint having a better coverage doesn't understand that the roaming agreement between Verizon and Sprint works both ways and Verizon has no Domestic Roaming Charges either so the entire point is useless in an argument.
    Yes, by using Verizon's coverage. Also some of those places Sprint "covers" in the midwest are totally UNUSABLE analog towers ( Verizons coverage is almost 100% digital). I see you live in NYC but in the boonies of the midwest and even in suburban MD, Sprint sucks for service

It amazing to see the amount of people that dont know what they're talking about and are soooooo arrogant in their speech its laughable.

Arreat - Sprint does use Verizon towers for roaming, Verizon will not Roam on Sprint in alot of places (Not Roam at all to be honest) because verizon locks out a little think called "In-Market Roaming" so if you phone has no Verizon signal you have "NO Service" flashed acrossed your screen.

DMS - Get a clue man there's a reason they're called the boonies OK! and I have no interest in being the boonies....I have been to MD/DC and Baltimore 100's of time, my Sprint service work flawless ATT however another story...

Sprint never had anolog, Sprint has been all Digital since the 90's, Verizon was the one with Anolog Service and yes Sprint used to Roam on Anolog at one point in time, but has since been all digital....

You guys are trying hard to BASH the **** outta Sprint, but you're only showing your own ignorance in doing so. So but its true.
    11-30-08 06:29 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD