So I have had my Storm since day one of its release and havent had many problems with it. As of a few days ago the screen feels extra loose and the clicking around the edges just doesnt work anymore I really dont feel like I should have to stick cards in the battery area to make it work.

My questions are:

What options do I have to get a replacement? Do I call Verizon? Will I get a new phone free of charge? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-05-09 12:09 PM
    You can either go to a VZW store (i personally prefer this, there's a store close to me) or call customer service. Assuming you have insurance (maybe even if you don't, not sure) you'll get a refurb free of charge, possibly a new one (although not likely). Seeing as this is a common problem, and clearly not something you did, you shouldn't have any problems getting a replacement.
    08-05-09 12:12 PM
    Insurance is not necessary for the first year to get replacements for this. It's covered under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty.
    08-05-09 12:16 PM
    Insurance is not necessary for the first year to get replacements for this. It's covered under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty.
    Thats kind of what I thought, but does Verizon provide the replacement?
    08-05-09 12:18 PM
    Thats kind of what I thought, but does Verizon provide the replacement?
    I think so
    08-05-09 12:21 PM
    I think so
    Thank you! I wasnt sure if I had to call BB direct or not
    08-05-09 12:27 PM
    Call Verizon tech support. They'll send you a new one. Don't go into the store. They will probably ask you to do a hard reset. :-P

other option is the torx screw fix which is a true hardware fix, not like the business card fix.
    08-05-09 01:00 PM
    I had the same thing happen. The screen felt like an iphone..would not click. You ARE under warranty if you're with the carrier it was purchased from.
    I'd suggest going to the store for a replacement, that way you can actually put your hands on the replacement to insure its working ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 01:16 PM
    Call Verizon tech support. They'll send you a new one. Don't go into the store. They will probably ask you to do a hard reset. :-P

other option is the torx screw fix which is a true hardware fix, not like the business card fix.
    Yeah I called the tech support and they are going to send me a new phone. Only problem was is my wife's name in on our account and they need to confirm with her first.

Just for giggles, I asked her if there was a Storm 2 in the works and she said, "no, not that I know of". LOL
    08-05-09 01:17 PM
    Glad you were able to get it swapped out. The local VZW store exchanged my wife's Storm no questions asked.

You probably won't get a new one. You typically get a refurb and transfer your card and battery to your replacement.
    08-05-09 02:31 PM
    I sent an email to customer care telling them of my frustrations with the phone and the failures that I have experienced with the phone and within two days I had a new one at my door. Certainly thats nice but the replacement is worse then my original so I will be sending them back their 'replacement' phone...

Either way they WILL replace your phone but your probably going to get something that has its own problems
    08-05-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD