Ok this was a weird glitch that happened on my Storm tonight. Never heard about this happening before. Has this happened to anyone before. Oh an it kept playing the sound for the facebook notification over and over non stop but it started after I made the video.

11-16-09 12:44 AM
    I've never seen that problem but I don't use Facebook. Most likely a problem with that app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 02:55 AM
    lol great way to make you pay attention to it.

my first question is did you do a battery pull?
    if not then this could fix that.
    this issue could have been a os error that occurs once in a great while.
    11-16-09 03:26 AM
    Ok this was a weird glitch that happened on my Storm tonight. Never heard about this happening before. Has this happened to anyone before. Oh an it kept playing the sound for the facebook notification over and over non stop but it started after I made the video.

well the video is kinda short but other than that I can see what was going on. Idk what could have caused that it looks like its going from one icon to another I'm assuming facebook with another icon. I have a facebook but have never had that happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 03:29 AM
    That's the Knight Rider function...
    11-16-09 03:41 AM
    That's the Knight Rider function...
    lmao what is the knight rider function????
    11-16-09 03:54 AM
    I had a problem like that on my first Storm. There was a 'new notification' icon on my home screen, it flashed just like that, but it wasn't mail, email, msn, facebook, or whatever else. I took it into Verizon and they didn't even know. I went as far as deleting my entire msg history and it remained. If it happens again, just open the facebook notification. If that doesn't work, log out>exit.
    Last edited by Jonno5393; 11-16-09 at 04:42 AM.
    11-16-09 04:39 AM
    Knight rider function! I Want IT!!!!! i currently have kitt talking as my message notification and the theme song as my ring tone.
    11-16-09 07:37 AM
    Haha Yeah it was the facebook icon and SMS message icon that was flashing/switching back and forth. I just thought it was a weird little glitch so I got it on video.
    11-16-09 01:59 PM
    lmao what is the knight rider function????
    Well, it's not quite the same, but remember Knight Rider, the 1980's show with the Firebird that talked and had the flashing lights on the front? The car had I think 5 lights and they operated sequentially, but it was kind of the same idea...lol!
    11-16-09 02:18 PM
    It's close to xmas time... just pretend that it's xmas lights.
    11-16-09 04:25 PM
    Oh that is no problem. I know how to fix that. Dip it into a sink full of water. No more flashing notifications.
    11-16-09 05:05 PM
    Oh that is no problem. I know how to fix that. Dip it into a sink full of water. No more flashing notifications.
    I tried this but now the phone is having trouble turning on. Any suggestions?
    11-16-09 06:47 PM
    I tried this but now the phone is having trouble turning on. Any suggestions?
    Take the battery out and put it in a bag of rice.

(See, we have answers for everything around here. )
    11-16-09 08:37 PM
    Well, my advice was tongue and cheek. Welcome to the wonderful world of glitches, hoodoo, voodoo, and weird crap that is the Blackberry O/S.
    11-17-09 04:56 AM
    I was having Facebook issues last night as well. might have something to do with the BIS issues.
    11-17-09 05:17 AM
    never had that happen....and i FB like a crackhead....
    11-17-09 06:00 AM
    When in Doubt, Pull the Battery Out!

Also are you running a custom theme? That could be the culprit. Try switching back to default.
    11-17-09 06:32 AM
    When in Doubt, Pull the Battery Out!

Also are you running a custom theme? That could be the culprit. Try switching back to default.
    Nah I was using a default theme.

It was just a once in a life time type of glitch. I use the FB app throughout my entire day and it has never happened before.

Just wanted to show you guys a weird glitch I had and of course a battery pull fixed it.
    11-20-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD