So I grabbed my phone out of my cradle charger this morning and the battery was dead ( in the yellow). Checked to make sure the charger was plugged in and it was. Went to the gym and plugged it into the car charger. Came out two hours later and the batt was still dead, only worse. It was in the red. Radio would not turn on.

Everytime I plugged the charger in the little electricity bolt would show up for about a minute and then it would go off.

Did a battery pull and it didnt help anything. Battery still refused to charge. Put the thing back in the cradle charger figuring I had to go to the VZ store for a new pack. 5 minutes later the thing rebooted itself and showed that the battery was charging.

It charged to 100% and it's working fie now.

Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this.

BTW, I am running .75
    01-21-09 10:59 PM
    same thing happened to me this weekend. left it in th car to charge it , made sure the bolt was there. came back an hour or two later and it was in red... also running .75
    01-21-09 11:04 PM
    Not to sound like doctor obvious here, but.....You need a new battery!
    01-21-09 11:08 PM
    It's not that obvious -- perhaps the OP needs a new car charger since his post implies that the cradle works just fine.

Myself, I've been having issues with the USB-PC cord over the last 24 hours. Not only does it no longer charge the phone but the PC no longer recognizes the phone.
    01-21-09 11:30 PM

I thought so too at first Captain Obvious, but it seems to be a software issue. It was sitting in the cradle charger overnight but it didnt charge. It was connected to the car charger for 2 hours and it didnt charge at all...

Then all of a sudden it started charging. It is at 100% charge now so the battery seems to be fine. I just found another thread where someone else is having a similar problem so its probably not the battery...

Seems to be just a weird glitch...we'll see....
    01-21-09 11:43 PM
    Happened to my first Storm as well. Took it into the Verizon store and they plugged it into their charger and it actually got less charge...
    So, I know have a new Storm and I haven't seen this issue...
    01-22-09 09:50 AM
    It was sitting in the cradle charger overnight but it didnt charge. It was connected to the car charger for 2 hours and it didnt charge at all...

Then all of a sudden it started charging. It is at 100% charge now so the battery seems to be fine. I just found another thread where someone else is having a similar problem so its probably not the battery...
    I'm not sure what about the problem description makes you rule out that this could be a battery issue?
    01-22-09 04:57 PM
    wow I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems...none of my chargers seem to be doing the job...the pc one makes the connect/disconnect usb sound constantly...shows the charge icon but doesn't seem to charge...the wall plug doesn't charge it at all or show icon now...the car charger charges it some but slowly...I find it hard to believe that all the chargers go bad at once and why would the battery be bad after only 7 months? I've never had battery issues with a phone before =(
    01-22-09 08:46 PM
    i was unable to charge my phone for 6 hours.. phone completely died, then i finally got to a USB cable and i plugged it in red light turned on.. 6 hours later.. phone was still dead.. so i started plugging and unplugging rapidly.. and boom.. i saw the battery pop up on screen. 2.5+ hours later phone was charged.

Lesson learned. i ordered 3 more chargers.. 2 for both cars i'm usually in, and one for office. And the one that came with.. home. There were a few other people that this had happened to.

It is finicky.
    01-22-09 09:14 PM
    Happened to me once too about a month ago. Similar but not completely identical. Mine finally took a charge on third or fourth try with no problems since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 11:19 PM
    Mine phone ran down enough today to turn off the radio. Plugged it into the car for the two hour ride home and it took zero charge. Plugged it in 120v home charger and again nothing. Little charge lightining bolt showed on both chargers, but took no charge.
    Pulled the battery while plugged in home charger and put back in, got a white screen with battery symbol, pulled charger and replugged and it started taking a charge. Was able to turn radio function back on within 10 minutes.
    02-09-09 06:15 PM
    similar issue, but for me its the charger (running .99 on 9530)
    The charger's plug has to be fidgeted with until it is sitting a certain way or making a better connection to the port. Dunno if this is anyone else's issue too, but try jiggling the part plugged into the phone/cradle up and down see if you get the bolt at all, be it for just a second or not. If so, you've got a faulty charger too. It seems the cord on my wall charger is shot already, but the USB one is fine.
    02-09-09 07:33 PM
    I have the same issue with my cradle.

The bolt shows up but it doesn't charge. If I take it out of the cradle and plug it directly into the cord it charges - but if I leave it in the cradle (with the lightning bolt showing) within a few hours - my battery is almost dead.

I think this may be a cradle issue - what do you think?

I'm running .75 on my 9530.
    03-26-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD