Really weird so I downloaded the new facebook of course it wanted me to reboot to complete the install. So it starts the reboot and I get the half empty battery image with the slash through it. So I pull the battery leave it out for 1 minute then put it back. BOOM same battery image with the slash through it I do the same step again finally it starts booting up.

Now it has fully booted up but I have a small (very small) "?" on the far right of the batter meter.

WTF is this?
    07-07-09 08:31 AM
    I wanna add that I have tried to battery pull after getting that to hopefully get it to go away, and kept getting the battery with the slash through it about 4 times. It's currently rebooting hopefully the "?" goes away.

EDIT: The "? on the battery has gone away but I am still curious why it was there and how I can keep getting this battery image on bootup (the one with the slash through it)
    07-07-09 08:53 AM
    If hooked up 2 computer, it was charging symbol (lightning bolt).
    07-07-09 01:28 PM
    No I had it hooked up to the charge cable and then the computer never got the lightning bolt just still had the "?" on it.
    07-08-09 08:24 AM
    Semi- How's my guess sound 2 u that ? symbol was due 2 battery being out of storm & couple reboots required 2 clear? BTW did u do battery pull w/device on for each reboot?
    07-08-09 08:47 AM
    Yes I did. Like I said it required a hard reset which the storm did itself after I updated Facebook. Thats when I got the Battery image with the slash through it (like you get when the device is plugged in but not battery) I kept getting this and kept pulling the battery and reinserting till it finally booted up then once I got the device all backed up it had that "?" on the battery meter in the far right of the meter.

I did a battery pull while it was on it came back and it was all gone. I don't believe the bad sim card I have (verizon sim ) has anything to do with it but figure i will mention it (verizon sending me a new sim free of cost) But yeah very weird it's gone now but that was alot of issues to have like that all of the sudden and it has me kinda worried.

I gotta admit I thought more people might no what the heck was going on with it.
    07-08-09 08:59 AM
    Yeh...sorry i'm unfamiliar w/. Maybe battery is bad or was temporarily too low 2 be read. Is it OEM?
    Last edited by Transfigured; 07-08-09 at 09:54 AM.
    07-08-09 09:25 AM
    Umm it is OEM, and it wasn't too low to be read It had been charging all night. Though it's been working like a champ ever since.

I did drain the battery completely last night before it went on the charger though hoping maybe it just needed a good full drain or something.
    07-08-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD