Yesterday I noticed my battery draining much faster than normal: started with a full charge in the morning, and by 8 PM was down to single-digit capacity (9% charge left) under normal use, only getting emails, sending a few texts, and checking weather periodically, without any apps running constantly in the background. So I charged it immediately, got it back up to 100%, and left it plugged in until 12 AM, when I checked for new messages and left it alone. I have it set to sleep from 1AM-6AM, and then a QuickPull at 6:10AM. I have MeterBerry installed, and its logs confirm that nothing happened between 1 and 6. When I checked it at 7AM, the battery was all the way back down to 45%, which means it either drained while it was sleeping, or it lost all that battery between 6 and 7 AM. Either way, it doesn't make much sense.

Whatever the problem was, it seems to be fixed now, and the MeterBerry logs show more normal battery drain of about 2% per hour so far today.

But these logs don't show what drains the memory or power, just how much was drained and when. Are there additional logs available somewhere that can reveal this information? Or some app that can help track down memory or power leaks?
    08-06-09 10:39 AM
    I think you must change your battery. It look defective.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 11:00 AM
    I think you must change your battery. It look defective.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ? I did charge my battery.
    08-06-09 11:01 AM
    ? I did charge my battery.
    pretty sure he said change.... not charge
    08-06-09 11:04 AM
    I have noticed this happening lately on mine and my wife's phone. It happened a few weeks ago, then cleared itself up.
    08-06-09 11:06 AM
    No meterberrry cannot access specific apps and see what is draining your batter or see what apps are using memory. It probably was just a fluke or something so you should be fine. If it starts happening more often then take your battery to a vzw store and they should replace it for free
    08-06-09 11:08 AM
    pretty sure he said change.... not charge
    wow ... I'm pretty sure you're right! thanks OHvzwGuy, and sorry yogi.

I have noticed this happening lately on mine and my wife's phone. It happened a few weeks ago, then cleared itself up.
    strange ... any idea what happened, or how it fixed itself?

No meterberrry cannot access specific apps and see what is draining your batter or see what apps are using memory. It probably was just a fluke or something so you should be fine. If it starts happening more often then take your battery to a vzw store and they should replace it for free
    thanks ... hope you're right, but it was pretty eerie to see the battery drain so quickly for no good reason.
    08-06-09 11:14 AM
    [
    thanks ... hope you're right, but it was pretty eerie to see the battery drain so quickly for no good reason.
    Yeah that is weird to see. Im thinking it could be a boot error, like something was loaded wrong and thats why it kept draining until you did your quickpull and now everything is back to normal
    08-06-09 11:22 AM
    Yeah that is weird to see. Im thinking it could be a boot error, like something was loaded wrong and thats why it kept draining until you did your quickpull and now everything is back to normal
    that makes sense ... except it looks like the drain happened _after_ the quickpull (between 6:10 AM and when I checked again at 7 AM and had to recharge)
    08-06-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD