I am probably the biggest stupid head (my initial word was edited out) and noob on the planet, but I can't find an answer anywhere.

I am getting a weird chime every hour and 20 after. It's not a text message, or anything that I could readily see. Does anyone else have this issue? How do i get rid of it?
    01-26-09 11:07 PM
    I am guessing you have some timer or alarm set to go off every hour at those particular time. I would go into the main menu and go to the clock application. Dig around in there, maybe you will find your answer.
    01-26-09 11:09 PM
    I am guessing you have some timer or alarm set to go off every hour at those particular time. I would go into the main menu and go to the clock application. Dig around in there, maybe you will find your answer.
    I just looked again in the clock application. The only think I have set is an alarm for the morning (which isn't the same sound that I hear on the hour.)
    01-26-09 11:14 PM
    Would you happen to have any browser alerts set? I am by no means an expert but I know that there are such things as browser message and possibly alerts.

Sorry for not being able to really assist you, I myself am pretty new to BB's (the Storm being my first ever). I think you can sit tight until one of those guys with a trillion posts in these forums and that has owned BB's since they were black screen devices with no phone feature will answer you.

Are if you can't wait, won't hurt to give VZW customer service a ring and connect to tech support.
    01-26-09 11:20 PM
    Any chance you set a countdown timer, which is different then the alarm?

You could also go into your profile setting and see what's configured to alert with the specific sound you're hearing, it may help you narrow it down.
    01-26-09 11:35 PM
    Damnit. It was the gmail alert, which doesn't update you as e-mails arive, but just solely in 20 minute increments. That's just absolutely idiotic.
    01-26-09 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD