I just received a warranty replacement from Verizon, and the new unit has the new 5.0 OS. Everything is great except now when I receive a link in my email (using GMAIL in the blackberry's email program) the link is no longer clickable, which is not how my previous device was. I'm sure there's a simply solution, but I can't find it in any of the settings and its annoying to have to cut and paste every link I get...

Any tips?

Thanks!
    Rob

ps- the new OS really makes this phone great minus this one issue
    11-03-09 10:01 AM
    keep looking further down the list of threads....I know I've seen a few posts on this over the past couple of days
    11-03-09 10:17 AM
    i looked back 6 pages and could not find this topic being addressed. can anyone link me to the thread where it was figured out?
    11-03-09 12:44 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/li...update-346590/

not what I was hoping to find, but oh well
    11-03-09 12:44 PM
    I've found that there is a "plain text" option given if you bring up the menu while viewing the email, select that and the link works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 12:46 PM
    crackberry.com/f132/links-email-messages-not-working-after-5-0-os-update-346590

not what I was hoping to find, but oh well
    I posted my reply on that thread but I will post it here too:

OK after i read this thread I went and tried what was mentioned and this is how I got it to work:

Go to Email messages ---> hit Menu Key ---> Scroll down to Options --->Enable HTML --> NO.

then save, exit, pull battery, reboot. Links should work, they do for me.
    11-03-09 01:29 PM
    Aha! I was just dragging myself towards a solution and it appears. Ta buddy.
    11-03-09 01:36 PM
    ummm it went back to unclickable links for no reason. i just checked it right now and the links are not clickable. FAILED.
    11-03-09 02:17 PM
    ummm it went back to unclickable links for no reason. i just checked it right now and the links are not clickable. FAILED.
    Lets see I have seen about 10 threads on this, and I think I started the first. It works fine for me but I'm not certain how I got it to do it. Try this however. Subscribe to a thread here in Crackberry because that's where I first saw a link I could click on. When you get there click on BB select and go to the link and click on it. Then wait for your next link to come through and see if it sticks.

I don't know what else to tell you. Nobody seems to know how to fix it but it will get fixed. Keep trying.
    11-03-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD