So I broke the screen on my second Storm 9530, new one comes in the mail a few days later and I begin to use the Blackberry Desktop Software to transfer my old data to the new phone. I had a seriously hard time doing that (the first time I did it it was a sinch) and ended up having to "backup" my old files and than "restore" them onto the new device.

So finally I've got my contacts, saved emails, and apps back onto the new device. I boot up the phone only to find that I can't load a webpage, access Visual Voice Mail, update Facebook, load a map... there's a lot of things my phone will NOT load.

Did I screw something up? I don't see the point of owning a BB when I can't do anything but send calls and texts. Should I bother going to the Verizon store? I feel like every time I do go there the "technical assistants" have NO idea what they're doing when they encounter my phone. I really want to take this up with RIM over the phone but couldn't find a hotline or anything on Blackberry.com so... here I am at crackberry begging for help.

Thanks in advance.
    12-22-09 09:02 PM
    please read the front page and the many threads on RIMs BIS, data server problems.
    12-22-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD