Hi all,

I have been googling to no avail and thought I would throw this one out there.

Last night I was helping my friend do a software upgrade on his storm to put him on the official 4.7.0.148 for verizon. His computer did not have desktop manager installed so to save time we just logged on to the web based update tool (blackberry.com/upgrade).

The tool proceeded to do a backup, load the frimware, phone reboots and the site is just saying waiting for device initialization. Please allow up to 30 minutes etc.

Well it appears to have timed out, so now my friend as the updated OS but no info.

I am trying to figure out where the Backup file is saved to as the tool says it backed up all of the info. We did a hard drive search for *.ipd. Is anyone aware if it saves it to a different file format?

I appreciate any info.

Thanks
    07-29-09 05:55 AM
    All my backups are in both .ipd and .cab so maybe try searching for cab. All backups ever made are named Backup-(Date).cab (or ipd) to give you a bit of a search pattern

I just remembered that I once did a more manual type backup, and that was saved in a folder with the same name as my PIN in various files.
    Last edited by TheOtherGuy; 07-29-09 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Additional info
    07-29-09 06:19 AM
    Mine is always saved in documents.. Loaderbackup-backupdate.ipd

Also check in app data in a folder with the pin as the name like you said

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD