Hello, I downloaded the new weatherbug last night .185 and when I leave my storm idle for a few minutes, the temp on the home screen changes to sunny and 80. Well i live in central PA and well I must be looking out the wrong window or I must be dreaming, because its so not 80 and sunny here. Does anyone know what I can do to get this fixed? Or should I move to resolve this... Thanks
    J
    12-10-08 07:25 AM
    Hello, I downloaded the new weatherbug last night .185 and when I leave my storm idle for a few minutes, the temp on the home screen changes to sunny and 80. Well i live in central PA and well I must be looking out the wrong window or I must be dreaming, because its so not 80 and sunny here. Does anyone know what I can do to get this fixed? Or should I move to resolve this... Thanks
    J
    I don't get temp on home screen. Well now I do.

If there is a warning does it show a bug on the home screen with weather indicators in it?
    12-10-08 07:27 AM
    its still in beta i think, unless they came out with a new version the other day like someone mentioned they were going to do on these forums.
    12-10-08 07:41 AM
    OK I will keep looking for an update cuz its buggn me haha its now 89 with sun ill close my eyes and say theres no place like home theres no place like home. Thanks
    12-10-08 08:25 AM
    Did you manually set your location? If it's going solely by GPS, maybe when the GPS fails it's defaulting to California or somewhere else sunny.
    12-10-08 08:26 AM
    yeah I manually set the area for my zip 17102 all looks well, but its still hot and sunny in the phantom spot.
    12-10-08 08:36 AM
    I am having the same issue here in west Michigan... its sunny and 82 here!!!
    12-10-08 09:08 AM
    Same here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 09:16 AM
    Had the same issue last night with mine. I ended up just deleting the program. I'll wait till its fixed.
    12-10-08 09:18 AM
    Hello, I downloaded the new weatherbug last night .185 ...
    J
    I just realized I'm on .172. If I do "Check for update" I get "There are no new updates." I wonder if .185 got pulled?
    Did you all add another location? It appears the program displays the last location you were looking at before you close the program.

Did you all add another location?
    I have version .172 with only one location and it's working great (zip is 27395)
    12-10-08 09:23 AM
    I only have one location, and when I click on the update in the BB menue button it reloads the local weather, displays the correct temp, then when I hit the end button to go to home screen, it goes to the phantom spot again. As for the .185 version, it was posted last evening It DL'd that version and asked to reload over the old and then the probs. It said to clear the cashe ops, cookies, and all other history before installing the latest version.
    12-10-08 09:26 AM
    Mine was doing that, too. A battery pull seems to have resolved it.
    12-10-08 09:39 AM
    I don't get temp on home screen. Well now I do.

If there is a warning does it show a bug on the home screen with weather indicators in it?
    Jedi. I'm In Ga and we have a warning right now.
    It shows a red triangle with an exclamation point.
    No audible warning though...

12-10-08 09:41 AM
    I have version .172 and it only updates after I open then exit the program. Any idea's?
    12-10-08 10:05 AM
    OK, i have been playing around with it all day while at work, and I was still getting the phantom place with beautiful weather....so i get home and I deleted the .185 version to only see that when I go to blackberry.weatherbug/storm/storm.jad
    it brings up the .185 again? i am not sure whats going on so I dL'd again and now I really am confused, the bug is on the screen no temp but seems to run a bit faster than before. Well i guess I will deal with it for now, and see what happens.
    12-10-08 02:32 PM
    I have version .172 as well. A few days ago I got an update (not sure which version) and it was a mess. Had the issue with seeing 82 degree weather when it was about 30 degrees. Also had the issue with not being able to get rid of the alert and the LED wouldn't stop flashing. Then that night when I opened weatherbug I was told that an update was available (which is what I am using now .172) and those issues are gone, works great.
    12-10-08 02:51 PM
    Can someone explain to me how to get the weatherbug icon to appear on my homescreen? Right now it's sitting in my downloads folder and I'm unsure on how to move it to the homescreen. Sorry if it's amatuer question but I'm new. Thanks for the help.
    03-19-09 05:51 PM
    Select the icon in the Downloads folder. Press the BB button and select Move To Folder and choose Home. You will then be able to move the icon to any position you want.
    03-19-09 06:07 PM
    Thanks JDK2...Exactly what I was trying to do without screwing something up. Take care.
    03-19-09 08:33 PM
    One more thing...is there a way to get that stupid banner off the top of the page when weatherbug is open?
    03-19-09 08:35 PM
    1.0.0.10 just got it last night and seems like a much betterversion for the storm. Works great I didn't even know there were newer versions. Maybe stick with this one until the new ones are perfected.

03-19-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD