The Weather Channel Blackberry Application looks like its going to be awesome with live doppler radar and video but going to have to pay for it.
    12-18-08 07:07 AM
    $4 a month for weather. that's nuts
    12-18-08 07:15 AM
    no thanks.. I mean maybe if it was 1 time fee of 4 bucks but no way would I pay a subscription for weather..

especially once the app store hits there will probably be a ton of weather apps..
    12-18-08 07:54 AM
    Free local weather

m.wund.com

Baloney for paying for it.

12-18-08 08:07 AM
    and now I can post the link

Weather Underground (Mobile)
    12-18-08 08:08 AM
    thats bs, why are all the iphone apps free? why would i pay for weather when all i have to do is look outside?
    12-18-08 08:11 AM
    thats bs, why are all the iphone apps free? why would i pay for weather when all i have to do is look outside?
    If you fish or hunt, having a Lightning alert can be life-saving... It also provides tornado, hurricane, etc watches and warnings along with forecasts of coming weather. It allows me to pick and change locations for when I'm away from home.

I use pay for MyCast Weather on my VZW Moto W385 and look forward for a weather app when I get my Storm.
    12-18-08 10:33 AM
    It's raining. Money, that is, to the weather channel
    12-18-08 01:20 PM
    Yep, great site!!!!!! It sure is all I would ever need.

and now I can post the link

Weather Underground (Mobile)
    12-18-08 01:31 PM
    I will just stick with my FREE wearherbug app. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 01:49 PM
    ah but can you look into, the future? If so, let me know

and yes 4 dollar subscription is stupid. I'll stick with weather underground or Weatherbug for now until the app store hits
    12-18-08 01:55 PM
    $4 a month for weather. that's nuts
    I know right?

I will just stick with my FREE wearherbug app. Thanks.

Yeah I think that you can't go wrong when its free.
    12-18-08 02:21 PM
    Actually, it's $4.33 per month. It says it's $12.99 for 3 months on the website.

I'm just saying...

Anyway, it's definitely not worth it for me. I can't imagine many of us needing live doppler radar on the go. As long as I know the temperature and local conditions (rain, wind, etc.), I'm good...Weatherbug app provides that.
    12-18-08 02:36 PM
    If you fish or hunt, having a Lightning alert can be life-saving... It also provides tornado, hurricane, etc watches and warnings along with forecasts of coming weather. It allows me to pick and change locations for when I'm away from home.

I use pay for MyCast Weather on my VZW Moto W385 and look forward for a weather app when I get my Storm.
    Since when is someone outside fishing and they are unaware that lightning is occurring all around them?

I look forward to a free, low resource weather app that shows the temperature, hi-low and 1 sentence forecast on my home screen. That's all! No doppler radar. No stupid web cams. No temperature to the 100th decimal place.
    12-18-08 02:45 PM
    I'll just stick to weatherbug and viigo
    12-18-08 03:27 PM
    I'll just go to the weather . com web site with the phone's browser if I want to look at the doppler radar.

I'm sure someone will subscribe though.
    12-18-08 03:55 PM
    That is absolutely outrageous they are charging that much

Will people actually subscribe? There are so many free ones out there

That's just....i can't get over that...that is just unreal.
    01-05-09 12:00 AM
    ...and to make matters worse, they are not even accurate for my area.
    Only Weather Underground seems to listen when I email them.
    All the rest are just plain wrong. Accuweather, Weatherbug, Weather Channel, etc, all use the airport weather in a town on the other side of an 8000 ft mountain that is 2000 ft higher in elevation, so of course it is incorrect.
    $4 / month for bad data? ha!
    01-05-09 12:53 AM
    What burns me is companies that want to charge you a monthly fee for GPS. The balls of them...

No thanks, Weatherbug works fine for me.

Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-05-09 at 09:19 AM.
    01-05-09 09:16 AM
    and its not fair. they are going to make us storm owners pay for the weather channel app but if you have a gphone it is free, video, radar, etc is all there and it is completly free. what the heck is that..
    02-16-09 11:01 PM
    When did weather.com start charging for ANYTHING?

Totally lame. Give me a stripped down WeatherBug alternative for free and a 4-5 dollar (one time fee) option for everything else and I'll consider it. Weather.com is pretty good, and worth paying...but not monthly.

Not to mention think about how many people would actually buy this if it was only one time....they'd make a killing IMO.
    02-17-09 12:31 AM
    damn, i got excited till i saw it was a charge... weatherbug is a total battery killer.
    02-17-09 12:44 AM
    Hopefully when the app store hits there will be plenty of free weather apps.

02-17-09 01:16 AM
    Hopefully when the app store hits there will be plenty of free weather apps.

true that! I am w/ a lot of you, I'm not paying no $4 A MONTH for it to tell me what the weather is like. weatherbug works fine for me and doesn't seem to drain my battery or I could go to weather.com and just look it up
    02-17-09 01:28 AM
    Why are they charging $4 a month for the Storm and offer it free on the iPhone?
    03-17-09 05:34 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD