Does anyone know how I can make Gmail on the Storm, NOT check for mail automatically? I would like to be able to just check it manually when I want. It is a secondary backup email account and I dont want the Email flag coming up all the time for mail received to this Gmail account.

Pleae advise and accept my thanks in advance.

Mike
    11-28-09 01:18 AM
    Does anyone know how I can make Gmail on the Storm, NOT check for mail automatically? I would like to be able to just check it manually when I want. It is a secondary backup email account and I dont want the Email flag coming up all the time for mail received to this Gmail account.

Pleae advise and accept my thanks in advance.

Mike
    You would have to remove your gmail account. Then what you could do is just browse on your phone to www.gmail.com, type in your password, have it remember you, bookmark it and you would be set.

It's a workaround but would perfectly accomplish what you want.
    11-28-09 07:45 AM
    You could also install the Gmail app but like the other poster mentioned, you'll need to remove the Gmail account on the BIS site first.

The gmail app will only check while open. If u close the app, it can't check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 12:43 PM
    I did install the Gmail app. Its the one thats in the email setup on the Storm no? You have to use it with BIS...I think right?
    11-28-09 06:50 PM
    Just close it after u read your mail then u have to refresh every time u open it to check for new mail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 09:03 PM
    I did install the Gmail app. Its the one thats in the email setup on the Storm no? You have to use it with BIS...I think right?
    No...there's a GMail app that's not integrated with BIS.
    11-28-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD