Easy solution.. If it got wet and broke, it got "lost" and should be replaced with insurance coverage. Any questions about water damage being covered are taken care of now.
    What is it w/some of u?
    ...you need to spend more time on google searching for words like morals and ethics.
    +1 See: Savior.
    06-11-09 02:35 PM
    Verizon's uses the insurance company Asurion, and they do cover water damage. I know first hand as my daughter recently droped her curve into a pool. BUT you can't handle it at the store (it has to be through Asurion via there website with overnight replacement) and you have to pay the $50.00 deductable. Even with the stickers being tampered with, you can't hide water damage and eventually Verizon will find out.
    06-11-09 02:38 PM
    Verizon's uses the insurance company Asurion, and they do cover water damage. I know first hand as my daughter recently droped her curve into a pool. BUT you can't handle it at the store (it has to be through Asurion via there website with overnight replacement) and you have to pay the $50.00 deductable. Even with the stickers being tampered with, you can't hide water damage and eventually Verizon will find out.

Never had an ins claim but just out of curiosity, do they give you a new phone or a refurb?
    06-11-09 03:58 PM
    i work for verizon as a store rep. 1) Insurance does cover water damage (lost stolen and any defects not done on purpose, 2) The manufacturers warranty does not cover water damage and is only 1 yr. I think that's where the confusion comes in
    06-11-09 04:03 PM
    Never had an ins claim but just out of curiosity, do they give you a new phone or a refurb?
    They gave her a brand new phone, wall charger and battery!
    06-11-09 04:14 PM
    Oh yeah, and they DO NOT cover water damage (at least, they did not in my case with Verizon over a year ago in MD). If your wetness indicators show signs that the phone got wet, you can't use your insurance. First-hand experience. The first thing they do is pop the battery cover and look at those indicators. That is why they are there- so they can say "sorry, no dice."
    Are you sure you are not confusing the warranty and the insurance? Cause it definitely covers water damage. i have had 2 phones previously replaced because of water damage.
    06-11-09 04:39 PM
    Further more they say:

Northeast*Maritime*Institute,*Inc.*makes*no*repres entations*or*warranties,*express*or*implied,*as*to *the*
    completeness*and*accuracy*of*the*information*conta ined*in*this*document.*The*information*is*supplied *
    based*on*tests*performed*by*Northeast*Maritime*Ins titute,*Inc.*that*are*believed*to*be*accurate*and*
    reliable.**Individual*results*may*vary*due*to*diff erences*in*tests*types*and*conditions.**Customers* are*
    solely*responsible*for*determining*the*suitability *of*their*product*for*application*of*Golden*Shellb ack�**
    coating*prior*to*any*such*application.**Northeast* Maritime*Institute*is*not*responsible*for*damages*
    resulting*from*the*use*of*or*reliance*upon*the*inf ormation.**

So you pays your money and maybe it will do something useful. If not, too bad - we didn't promise anything...
    06-11-09 04:56 PM
    screw verizon man they over charge us they have so much money and so does asurion so whynot get a phone everynow and then? they sell us crappy stuff and dont really treat their costumers well at all let them lose out on some cash
    06-11-09 05:05 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD