What color is the water damage tab inside the phone supposed to be?
    02-23-09 10:48 AM
    White with a red line in the middle.
    02-23-09 10:50 AM
    where is it? sorry i've not seen it
    02-23-09 10:52 AM
    Mine is all white. Does that mean it has water damage?
    02-23-09 11:02 AM
    There's a white sticker with a red line through it on the battery but inside the battery compartment there's an all white moisture indicator square. If you are looking at the battery compartment with the camera on the top it will be on the lefthand black sidewall of where the battery goes (you have to take the battery out to see it). It is supposed to be white.
    02-23-09 11:02 AM
    There's a white sticker with a red line through it on the battery but inside the battery compartment there's an all white moisture indicator square. If you are looking at the battery compartment with the camera on the top it will be on the lefthand black sidewall of where the battery goes (you have to take the battery out to see it). It is supposed to be white.
    Okay that's what I was referring to. Mine is all white.
    02-23-09 11:03 AM
    It will turn red/pink if it comes into contact with moisture. This happened on the wife's pearl, which wasn't working properly and VZW instore tech support told her the phone was toast and she had to get another one (she got a curve). When I got back from the trip I was on while all of this happened I did a wipe and reinstall of her OS (which I told her to do but she never did) and the phone worked again. The tech support people in store are often clueless of just don't want to help you troubleshoot the actual problem. Sorry for the mini rant.
    02-23-09 11:07 AM
    It's called litmus paper......
    02-23-09 12:08 PM
    mine is white with a red stripe. It never came in contact with moisture. hummm
    02-23-09 12:09 PM
    mine is white with a red stripe. It never came in contact with moisture. hummm
    because thats the colors that means no water contact !!!
    02-23-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD