Hello all. I got myself a Storm about 5 months ago. I used the Iphone previously but was forced to switch because of a change of jobs. I was a big time hater at first but now loving it. So had some issues with the VZ Navigator constantly "popping" up. So with insurance they sent me a brandy new Storm. With the first one I had downloaded many apps and the phone's performance got worse and worse. I have the 8mg chip. So tonight I activated my new storm with Verizon, (UGH!!!). That's another issue to be dealt with at a later date. So I have heard that an update to the operating system has just become available. So should I go ahead and upgrade? I have a Mac so can I do so without a PC? Also I was using Nav4all, Radiocompanion, apNews, Weatherbug, etc Apps. Should I not use the apps? What do you recommend for this phone to work quickly rather than stare at an hour glass and waiting forever for pages to download on explorer? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!! You guys have helped out with so much already, so thanks for everything!!! Regards, T
    04-09-09 07:20 PM
    as far as I know you can do the upgrade wirelessly, you should be safe with the apps, just make sure you are closing the properly using the blackberry key. just pressing the back key can leave apps runninng in the background. not sure what nav4all is, but if it is a navigation tool, I recommend using google mobil maps, very reliable and FREE!!!!
    04-09-09 07:23 PM
    So I have heard that an update to the operating system has just become available. So should I go ahead and upgrade? I have a Mac so can I do so without a PC?
    There has been no official wireless upgrade since .75 (for Verizon users), and that is what Storms come loaded with now. Any other upgrade is just a leak, so you will need a PC to load them onto your phone.
    04-09-09 07:33 PM
    I'm not a Mac user myself, although not completely unfamiliar with it. In fact I have an old G3 desktop, an old Powerbook, and a Graphite G4 tower downstairs somewhere, but haven't plugged them in in a long time.

However, I've read on the forums here you can use Parallels or Bootcamp to load the leaked OS's to your phone, if you want to go that route.
    04-09-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD