What does the verizon warranty cover, i just cracked my screen.
    Last edited by GandyOwns; 03-26-09 at 04:24 PM.
    03-26-09 04:16 PM
    It doesn't cover that. Some have tried to return with that as an issue, although I don't know if anyone has successfully has done this though.
    03-26-09 04:18 PM
    The Verizon warranty will probably not cover a cracked screen. If you purchased the Assurion coverage, they will cover it after you pay your deductible.
    Wow, how did you do that?!

If you have insurance, which I hope you do, that covers damage. The VZW warranty cover defects, so a cracked screen wouldnt be covered through Verizon. Also the manufacturers warranty though RIM is for a year and also covers defects, but not a cracked screen.

I would suggest claiming it with your insurance, and if you didnt get the insurance, so sign up for it and then claim.
    like i pay the 4.99 a month warranty through verizon. What does this cover. Couldn't i say i just dropped my phone?
    03-26-09 04:20 PM
    The Verizon warranty will probably not cover a cracked screen. If you purchased the Assurion coverage, they will cover it after you pay your deductible.
    I went through that with my son's voyger. 50 bucks and they send you a new one.
    03-26-09 04:21 PM
    like i pay the 4.99 a month warranty through verizon. What does this cover. Couldn't i say i just dropped my phone?

Then you are good to go. As I said, you will have to pay your deductible and you might get a refurb, but they will replace the phone
    03-26-09 04:21 PM
    I went through that with my son's voyger. 50 bucks and they send you a new one.
    Done it too may times to count, my wife had a bad habit of using her phone in the tub, water damage 3 times in 2 years. I was so glad she bought an iPhone and went to AT&T.
    03-26-09 04:23 PM
    just FYI that is the insurance, not a warranty that you are paying for.
    03-26-09 04:23 PM
    just FYI that is the insurance, not a warranty that you are paying for.
    sorry, about to change title.
    03-26-09 04:24 PM
    what should i say, that i dropped my phone?
    03-26-09 04:25 PM
    Just say you dropped it. They have to replace the phone.
    03-26-09 04:31 PM
    Done it too may times to count, my wife had a bad habit of using her phone in the tub, water damage 3 times in 2 years. I was so glad she bought an iPhone and went to AT&T.
    too bad you cant get insurance for your iPhone... bummer
    03-26-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD