I am really excited for this phone, I have been a BlackBerry user (work phone) for over two years (still relatively short time I know) and I love it. I was hoping to get additional information from our "insiders" without getting anyone in trouble. I do not want information on launch date or price b/c that horse has already been beaten a few times: .

I want to know what version of the software RIM and Verizon is testing and what kind of issues we might expect at launch. I am not too worried about theses flaws b/c I trust that VZ/RIM will get the corrected in a short period of time.

I would also like to get information, good or bad, of your personal impressions with the phone. This can be when you first started using it to were it might be now with a more recent OS. I also want to know if you plan on purchasing the phone for your own use or if you are holding off for something else, if so what?

Thanks,

lbostons
    11-07-08 09:22 AM
    you might want to either wait or send a PM to Crucial_Xtreme, though not sure how much info you can squeeze out of the bugger. But from speculation and from what alot of people are getting on these forums and the news that has been provided, most of us are expecting some issues with the storm to be "lagginess" issues. and by lagginess issues (for the technically inept) the speed at which the OS performs its duties. it's hard to say, there have been a lot of mixed comments, especially from reviews and from certain videos that we've seen and from experiences of people who got to play with the device for 10 minutes to people who get to play with the device for 10 years *cough* CX *cough*.
    11-07-08 09:29 AM
    I found the phone i used to be very good, smooth, and responsive. I used mine around the same time as Kevin, a lil bit earlier maybe, and I didn't check the software version but I assume it was close to the same.

The keyboard didn't really take me much getting used to since i've had a touch and qwerty phone, the learning curve was about 3 minutes. After that I was typing away, I only used the qwerty and not the suretype because I was curious, and I have always been a fan of suretype so didn't bother wasting my time.

Initial impressions are it's amazing. The first phone I would easily pay full retail for **within reason** if I couldn't get it cheaper. I have never been an iphone fan, and I know people will take this and flame the living bajesus out of me, but that phone never felt like a good phone, and TO ME, in my opinion and my mindset, was almost like I digressed to playing with a kids toy. I'm not saying the phone is a toy, it's powerful and it works well **the iphone that is** but to me the UI, I just personally didn't like it, the phone worked good, I just didn't like it, it didn't feel right.

As soon as I used the storm it felt right at home, the clarity of the screen was ridiculous, I loved the icons, the keyboard was nice, **I couldn't pump out like I could on a curve but it was nice, considering I never really type anything REALLY long from my device**

All in all, fantastic phone, I'm already verizon, and I will get it asap. I don't know if I was with at&t, I've never been one to switch providers for just a phone, so leave that question to be answered from someone that would choose a phone over provider.
    11-07-08 09:29 AM
    Someone under NDA will not tell you the version of the software. Sorry to dissapoint you.
    11-07-08 09:43 AM
    you might want to either wait or send a PM to Crucial_Xtreme, though not sure how much info you can squeeze out of the bugger. But from speculation and from what alot of people are getting on these forums and the news that has been provided, most of us are expecting some issues with the storm to be "lagginess" issues. and by lagginess issues (for the technically inept) the speed at which the OS performs its duties. it's hard to say, there have been a lot of mixed comments, especially from reviews and from certain videos that we've seen and from experiences of people who got to play with the device for 10 minutes to people who get to play with the device for 10 years *cough* CX *cough*.
    I agree with you and I was hoping Crucial would post here. I know about the lag issues but I believe that most will be corrected before launch. I only want him to post if he is comfortable doing so and he does not get himself into any trouble. I would like the information for everyone and not just me so I will refrain from PM-ing him. I care more about his personal opinion than I do what version number the device has.

I found the phone i used to be very good, smooth, and responsive. I used mine around the same time as Kevin, a lil bit earlier maybe, and I didn't check the software version but I assume it was close to the same.

The keyboard didn't really take me much getting used to since i've had a touch and qwerty phone, the learning curve was about 3 minutes. After that I was typing away, I only used the qwerty and not the suretype because I was curious, and I have always been a fan of suretype so didn't bother wasting my time.

Initial impressions are it's amazing. The first phone I would easily pay full retail for **within reason** if I couldn't get it cheaper. I have never been an iphone fan, and I know people will take this and flame the living bajesus out of me, but that phone never felt like a good phone, and TO ME, in my opinion and my mindset, was almost like I digressed to playing with a kids toy. I'm not saying the phone is a toy, it's powerful and it works well **the iphone that is** but to me the UI, I just personally didn't like it, the phone worked good, I just didn't like it, it didn't feel right.

As soon as I used the storm it felt right at home, the clarity of the screen was ridiculous, I loved the icons, the keyboard was nice, **I couldn't pump out like I could on a curve but it was nice, considering I never really type anything REALLY long from my device**

All in all, fantastic phone, I'm already verizon, and I will get it asap. I don't know if I was with at&t, I've never been one to switch providers for just a phone, so leave that question to be answered from someone that would choose a phone over provider.
    Thanks Rj, that is exactly what I was looking for! I want it so much more after hearing from people who have actually played with and used the device. I got to hold a dummy phone yesterday and I loved it. The feel of the phone was great and the click-screen was truely unique!

I think that there has been some negative vibes recently that I wanted to portray this with the intent that the glass is half full!

Thanks again!
    11-07-08 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD