Is there any way to have the screen light up automatically or by sensing motion rather than hitting the BB key?

I have a remote control that does this and it's a great feature.

Thanks all
    03-15-09 02:24 PM
    Is that the Logitech remote...? I have that one and I love that feature, would be nice if the phone could do it. Maybe something coded into the use of the accelerometer. Would be cool
    03-15-09 03:13 PM
    clicking the screen does it, besides that i dont think there is a motion sensor that allow it to get done.
    03-15-09 03:14 PM
    If you keep it in a holster or clip with a magnet it will activate the screen when removed also.
    03-15-09 04:32 PM
    Thanks all.

I did try clicking the screen but it didn't "wake" up the Storm. Am I missing something?
    03-16-09 04:34 PM
    Thanks all.

I did try clicking the screen but it didn't "wake" up the Storm. Am I missing something?
    Was it by chance sitting on a soft surface such as a couch/bed/your leg? In that case sometimes the phone is not recognizing that it is grounded and the clicks are not recognized.
    03-16-09 04:38 PM
    LOL guys -- I just realized that I had the screen lock on. when it is off then the clicking the screen works fine.

thank for all the help
    03-16-09 06:25 PM
    I think having it wake up with motion would be a bad idea. Anytime you walk or move the screen would come on, and I bet your battery would drain VERY fast.

Well, unless you are a couch potato and sit around all day, then no problem!
    03-16-09 07:31 PM
    Your battery would be toast (as in no life left) if it lit up everytime there is movement.. Just walking the screen would stay lit constantly
    03-16-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD