As I am am patiently waiting for FedEx to deliver my new Blackberry Storm, i started to ponder...

After the excitement of waiting for it to come, what will be the first thing i do to it after i set it up.

By the way im switching from T-NoFrill Curve to the new Storm....

Any Suggestions>>>>>>
    02-19-09 09:23 AM
    First things first. Get use to the way it behaves. Arrange your icons to where you need them. The sure press is unique as well. Takes some getting use to. As a matter of fact a lot of people I let try mine use their nails and jab at the screen. The storm imo has the most responsive screen all u have to do is lay your finger on the screen. If u r use to it install a leaked os. I found that .75 was way too slow for me. I hope u r as pleased with urs as I am with mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 09:39 AM
    As I am am patiently waiting for FedEx to deliver my new Blackberry Storm, i started to ponder...

After the excitement of waiting for it to come, what will be the first thing i do to it after i set it up.

Any Suggestions>>>>>>
    I hear ya! Mine should be here today via USPS, after I get mine activated and setup the way I want it I think i'm gonna install .106. Then find a suitable free theme!
    02-19-09 09:52 AM
    i felt the same way when i got my g1. Man i love that phone
    02-19-09 10:01 AM
    yeah, just play with it for a week before messing with it too much, imo
    02-19-09 10:59 AM
    Yeah I have my storm but I havent messed with new leaked OS's or anything yet, but thats mainly because I dont know how to install them anyways and im still debating on returning it and waiting for the new bold or curve to come out instead......
    02-19-09 11:59 AM
    yeah i a kinda disappointed there just aren't that many things that i can do with the storm maybe you can should me the ropes. i would like to download doc from the internet and i cant seem to do that. also can you watch like Netflix or something like it? And im cheap what are some cool programs
    02-27-09 10:09 PM
    I got mine today. First post from it. Fairly slow right now. Like it ok. Is pretty. Battery is going to be an issue. Mayhe typing too just bc I use so frequently. Good luck with your storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 10:21 PM
    dont update your os too soon...get to know the phone first
    02-27-09 10:23 PM
    The first thing that you'll do is sit in the exact same place for longer than any person should sit so you can explore the phone. Then you're going to say I love this phone, what else can I do? You'll finally get up after calling out "sick" from work so you can log in to crackberry to find all the apps and tricks for the storm. By the next day, you'll have been looking at a storm screen and computer screen for so long that won't have any troubles pulling off the sick look because you're going to look like you've been up for a straight week without moving. At lunch you're going to login to the mobile crackberry site and skip eating. This will continue and consume more of your time after the new OS update and app store opens.
    02-27-09 10:27 PM

Any Suggestions>>>>>>
    haha nice. a new storm owner. congrats. first thing, patience is a virtue. i've had my storm for a lil over a month so far and i love it.

storm is my first smartphone & bb.

having heard of the sluggish response with official OS right out of box, while waiting for shipping i had already dl'd desktop manager 4.7 & the leaked .99 OS software ready to go. updating is simple if you follow the stickys. currently running the latest leaked .109 OS and numerous useful/useless apps. .109 is pretty stable and Verizon claims to be releasing official OS sometime next month. we'll see how it goes.

phone has a lot of potential but was just released too early. the software will catch up soon.. but so far so good!
    02-28-09 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD