Verizon website now says orders will ship by 12/18. This is good news as there doesn't seem to be as much of a delay as there was before.

I have been following the whole storm release and such and am aware that there were some problems upon release (whether they be with the OS, screen, etc). Just generally buggy. I have held off this long on buying it because of these issues.

Has anything been changed yet? Updated? In your opinion, when would you wait until? Any other advice you could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    12-15-08 05:05 PM
    any thoughts?
    12-15-08 07:37 PM
    "not a blackberry user yet"
    have you ever had a blackberry before???
    if yes, then you might be a little dissapointed with the storm.
    if no, switching over to the storm from a dumbphone will blow your mind away.
    Like me. I came to BB from the Venus, and couldn't be happier. Most of us love the phone, bugs and all. The bugs will be fixed eventually.
    My biggest issue is the camera. It kinda sucks, specially in video mode, makes the phone freeze and have to pull the battery.
    Email is a breeze, instant message awesome, internet priceless. Overall I'm very happy.
    12-15-08 08:14 PM
    I ordered it the day it came out, received it the 24th and have had no problems at all, no dust, bugs or anything...I don't know if its hit or miss but at this point I don't see how waiting would make a differnece..
    12-15-08 08:30 PM
    coming from a win mo phone (htc touch, 6900) and i love it! battery life could be a lil bettter but i get a good 8 hours of hard use (lots of internet and texting)
    12-15-08 09:04 PM
    I became eligible for my annual upgrade yesterday. I called several Verizon stores, and no one had any stock. The second Best Buy store I called had just received 4, so I went down and bought one. I have had it for just over a day now, and it is working great. No hardware issues as pointed out in the forums on CB. I did load the .75 upgrade from the Verizon website. I am extremely pleased with it. I don't see any reason for you to wait, jump in and join the Storm nation!
    12-15-08 10:17 PM
    some seem averse to ordering from online vendors like letstalk / myrateplan.com but that is where I ordered 2 on release date and the phones were great even on .65 OS. Even looked up and contacted myrateplan CEO after a shipping hiccup on my order and he responded at 9 am on a Sat. morning and tracked my shipment for me. Rcvd them 2 days later. I checked earlier tonight and now evidently have them in stock and w/ rebates final cost is $124.99 per phone (for new customers I believe).

As far as when to jump, sometimes it is so hot outside and the water looks so inviting....you don't know how cold or warm it will actually be but you just jump 'cuz you want to "cool off".

No matter when you order you could get shoddy construction but if you are more concerned about "buggy" operation I think that gets addressed in OS updates so why wait?

Hopefully you get what I got...2 Storms well constructed (no screen issues) with near seemless operation. Come on in, the water is fine.
    12-15-08 10:24 PM
    If you really want a Blackberry get a Curve or Bold. The Storm is terrible. Horrible performance for a Berry.
    12-15-08 10:33 PM
    If you really want a Blackberry get a Curve or Bold. The Storm is terrible. Horrible performance for a Berry.
    just to note of the responses thus far....

5 for, 1 against
    12-15-08 10:41 PM
    just to note of the responses thus far....

5 for, 1 against
    Yea thats a good sample...LOL. Five brainwashed Berry fans. Check out the rest of the world"s reviews and get back to me. LOL
    12-15-08 10:46 PM
    I just got my storm today and it is AMAZING. It's everything I wanted.
    12-15-08 10:57 PM
    I have used mycurve for about 7 months now, and i love it. i bought a storm a couple days ago thinking it was tits but like anything else "new" has bugs. just look at the iphone....it has done atleast 3 software updates since the 3g was made. granted the touch is a lot nicer IMO.....

anyways i think the storm is awesome but if you can wait....you should wait. im actually thinking of returning mine and going back to my curve and wait it out for a little while. i think i dealt with more anticipation on a "new phone" (storm) when i had to see for myself. I really wish i had the bold or a javelin for my phone but hey....i guess i gotta wait.....and i think u should too
    12-15-08 11:31 PM
    ok, as a previous poster mentioned, i would be coming not only from a non BB but a non smartphone. the LG vx8600 actually. Phone has actually served me quite well, except for the fact its my third one. But with such a thin phone it being fragile is not a surprise.

Seems like the storm is a little more robust? I played around with one in a Verizon store today, and it will definitely be something to get used to. Ive never even used a touchscreen phone before. I read some concerns about storms hardware and software at the release date, but hadn't kept up on recent updates or reviews. So thats why I was wondering if at this point waiting would be the right decision or if trying to get one-- i might end up waiting regardless. seems like some places have them in stock and some places are backordered.

anybody else with any positive/negative experiences? opinions?
    12-16-08 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD