WOW!! I just got blown out of the water!! My friend has a Sprint Pearl and I have the VZW Storm. Pulled up two web pages we never used before and his loaded in half the time mine did. I even had a better signal. Is the Sprint network that much faster than VZW's?? What gives!
    05-14-09 05:48 PM
    When sprint DOES have their own 3G coverage.... It is very fast

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 05:56 PM
    Turn off Java... bet his was off. If the browser settings are different from each other, then it's not a good test.

Also, I've personally seen better browser speed on 8830 Blackberries when using a Sprint OS rather then a VZW version... dunno why that is, just what I've seen.
    05-14-09 05:56 PM
    Turn off Java... bet his was off. If the browser settings are different from each other, then it's not a good test.

Also, I've personally seen better browser speed on 8830 Blackberries when using a Sprint OS rather then a VZW version... dunno why that is, just what I've seen.
    Good point, didn't think about java. I was just surprised Sprints 3G was that fast. Heck, half the time Sprint can't even get a signal here.
    05-14-09 06:27 PM
    I find the download speeds of the networks are hardly the primary factor in how fast a page loads... definitely comes down more to how fast will the phone/browser render it.
    05-14-09 06:48 PM
    I find the download speeds of the networks are hardly the primary factor in how fast a page loads... definitely comes down more to how fast will the phone/browser render it.
    Agreed. The download speeds for apps and other data is very fast -- but rendering that on the page takes forever...always hung up on those last 2KB's, blacking out when scrolling, and taking forever to zoom in...
    05-14-09 06:58 PM
    Good point, didn't think about java. I was just surprised Sprints 3G was that fast. Heck, half the time Sprint can't even get a signal here.
    Either way you're looking at it, Sprint's Pearl isn't RevA so it should be slower then the Storm is... but we all know how the browser can be wacky in some current OS versions. If you want a true speed test, you'd have the same phone with same OS and same settings on two different networks (Sprint/VZW). Just so the variables are limited.
    05-14-09 07:02 PM
    There was a comparison of the Sprint vs Verizon 8330 when they first hit the streets showing that Sprints 8330 was faster, had more bars and a few other comparisons. Both were taken straight out of the box, no tweeking done. If I remember correctly the comparison was done in NYC.

If you search through the forums you should be able to find the link.

Naturally the Verizon folks tried to come up with excuse after excuse as to why Sprint was faster.
    05-14-09 07:10 PM
    WOW!! I just got blown out of the water!! My friend has a Sprint Pearl and I have the VZW Storm. Pulled up two web pages we never used before and his loaded in half the time mine did. I even had a better signal. Is the Sprint network that much faster than VZW's?? What gives!
    sprint's data infrastructure is tecnically superior, capable of faster data speeds, but not as wide spread...drive to the next town and try it again
    05-14-09 07:57 PM
    doesnt sprint have 4G isnt that why
    05-14-09 08:19 PM
    doesnt sprint have 4G isnt that why
    not the sprint pearl, which is what he was racing against. it is EVDO Rev. 0
    05-14-09 08:22 PM
    Changed my browser settings turning off java, background images and embedded media. Only thing checked is images. MUCH MUCH faster now!! I was Shanghai'd!!

Last edited by Pholey22; 05-14-09 at 09:06 PM.
    05-14-09 09:03 PM
    Opera mobile is still much faster. Might want to try it

05-14-09 09:07 PM
    opera mobile might be faster at loading and rendering, but navigating is suck a pain in the foot i'd rather have a browser that's just a little slower...
    05-14-09 09:16 PM
    I use opera but we were racing BB browsers. Speaking of Opera, has anyone's Opera been a little slower lately? Could be my OS I guess.

Last edited by Pholey22; 05-14-09 at 09:30 PM.
    05-14-09 09:27 PM
    i've only used opera a few times, once was outstanding, the other was worse than my BB browser, but like i said, the navigation turns me off so i don't use it. can't get used to the "no click"....i'm a-click-ted
    05-14-09 09:31 PM
    i've only used opera a few times, once was outstanding, the other was worse than my BB browser, but like i said, the navigation turns me off so i don't use it. can't get used to the "no click"....i'm a-click-ted
    I hear ya a-click-ted!!! LOL
    05-14-09 09:45 PM
    Patch, what OS are you running?
    05-14-09 09:46 PM
    hybrid...itz dope, yo! "oneofakind"s hybrids are pretty good, he has one over on berryaddicted.com that i'm using...go check it out
    05-14-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD