This is probably a really simple question but I couldn't figure it out after 5 minutes last night and I just tried searching and came up with nothing.

Me and my wife have Storms....when she gets a Voicemail she receives a SMS message notifying her of the voicemail.....

I do not.

Is it normal to recieve SMS when you have voicemail?

I couldn't figure out how to turn this off....maybe I set her up for youmail service or something and forgot that I did....or maybe I don't get them because my voicemail forwards to Google Voice or something....
    11-17-09 10:01 AM
    I have Verizon Voicemail & do not receive an SMS when I get a voicemail. I don't see an option to enable it either.
    11-17-09 10:19 AM
    I to have a storm and would also receive sms messages when I got a voicemail and within the sms message would be whatever the caller said on the voicemail.

Strange who Knows.......
    11-17-09 10:22 AM
    Maybe this is a feature I have to change on the Verizon website....I see her number had some kind of call forwarding. I disabled it. Not sure where her calls were being forwarded to.....I guess I will see if that stops her SMS voicemail notifications.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 11-17-09 at 10:36 AM.
    11-17-09 10:23 AM
    I to have a storm and would also receive sms messages when I got a voicemail and within the sms message would be whatever the caller said on the voicemail.

Strange who Knows.......
    Sounds like your using Google Voice if you have transcripts.....hers just say she has a new voicemail and says how many she has.

If that's the case you can change it to send you emails so you don't get charged for texts.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 11-17-09 at 10:37 AM.
    11-17-09 10:24 AM
    Well, when I used to get a VM I would have to select view folder, then select SMS and then delete it. Now with 5.0 I just get the red asterisk on the SMS folder and I just go in and delete it. FWIW I have SMS turned off so I cant get spam that VZW charges me .20 each for.
    11-17-09 08:10 PM
    Well, when I used to get a VM I would have to select view folder, then select SMS and then delete it. Now with 5.0 I just get the red asterisk on the SMS folder and I just go in and delete it. FWIW I have SMS turned off so I cant get spam that VZW charges me .20 each for.
    If they are charging you for the marketing messages they send you, that is a billing error. Those messages may be annoying to some, but they are not supposed to be billed. And Customer Service can turn off the marketing messages on your account without turning off SMS completely.
    11-18-09 02:06 PM
    I get an SMS notification for voicemails as well and I have never turned it on or found a way to disable it. Mine simply says Voicemail and if it is someone in my address book it will display the name, if not just the number as well as the date/time called and the vm number (*86). Its annoying in a way because I think I have a SMS in addition to the vm because I see the vm symbol on the phone and then its just something I have to delete. But luckily my phone is almost always with me and I rarely get voice mails. lol Actually I'm just not that important that a lot of people call me.
    11-18-09 02:43 PM
    Well I guess its normal then. I forward my unanswered calls to my google voice number so I don't get them. I don't remember getting them before I used google voice though. Guess its just bad memory.

I do know missed calls showed on my messages folder by default. So the default is to get 3 notifications when you miss a call and get a voice mail? A missed call in call logs. A message about that missed call. And an SMS voice mail notification. That's really dumb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 03:58 PM
    Call Verizon. I had briefly signed up for YouMail but closed account. They can put a block on premium text messaged. Also suggested I do a battery pull and then *228.
    11-25-09 01:57 PM
    same issue here - I get an SMS text message that I have a voice mail waiting, but there is no # or any sort of call back/caller ID associated with the message. How do I turn off this aspect of Voice Mail? I just want bona fide SMS and MMS messages to be flagged, not voice mails as well
    11-27-09 03:41 PM
    Well I guess its normal then. I forward my unanswered calls to my google voice number so I don't get them. I don't remember getting them before I used google voice though. Guess its just bad memory.

I do know missed calls showed on my messages folder by default. So the default is to get 3 notifications when you miss a call and get a voice mail? A missed call in call logs. A message about that missed call. And an SMS voice mail notification. That's really dumb.

You can turn off the missed calls in your messages folder by going into the phone --> options --> call logging turned to none

11-28-09 10:49 AM
    Always been that way on the Storm. Since day one.
    11-28-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD