**This post is not meant to create speculation but rather bring up the possibility of VZW limiting what particular customers can purchase the Storm - prior to Launch Date so none of us will run into issues!** PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE COMMENTING!

This evening I inquired to my VZW rep (that I know personally) who is a supervisor of a VZW Kiosk about the BB storm. She told me that I would not be getting one for the following reasons:

1) There will be extremely limited supply
    2) There will be no returns or exchanges. Only new lines can get the Storm. Upgrades will not get them (new every 2, etc).
    3) This is an RVP directive (I'm in the Southeast region - NC), she later said its a national directive
    4) Best Buy will not have them for awhile despite "pre-orders"
    5) VZW employees cannot purchase the Storm till March.
    6) She also stated that they were instructed to let existing customers know politely that they couldnt get the phone and that if they had the problem they could go higher up but would get the same answer.

I asked her if she was bullsh***ing me and she assured me she is not and to ask other Reps in the area.

Now I was completely surprised by this seeing as how we've heard VZW would have plenty in stock, there was no previous speculation that there was a directive that only new lines would be able to get it....so I called another personal friend of mine who works as a VZW rep and he said the following:

1) There is no national/regional directive.
    2) Managers of stores/kiosks can technically dictate who can purchase phones on release dates - i.e., upgrades, new lines only, yes or no to full retail price purchases. The reason behind this is because NE2 with existing blackberry data plans arent as beneficial to the stores/kiosks and they can get more from new customers who are getting a new line/data plan/blackberry or someone who is buying a new Storm and never had a data plan before.
    3) He also stated that supplies should not be an issue because they've been told that there should be plenty of storms to go around and that VZW is ahead of the game because they know demand will be high.

The only concern I have is, what happens if Friday morning we go to the stores/kiosks and certain customers are turned away because we're using our NE2 (new every 2) to upgrade, or wanting to purchase it full retail....and managers are given us a load of horsecrap. Honestly I'm looking to use my NE2 to upgrade to the storm from my 8830. If this truly is the case, I think I'd put up a fight knowing that managers could turn people away because certain customers are more valuable to the store (in terms of profit, goals, etc.) than others.

I posted this info to get people to verify this information with stores (what their procedures/policies are for the release date), and to question this practice if its truly the case. I think Kevin should check into this with his insiders @ VZW so come Friday morning there are not a lot of surprised, angry, crackberry addicts out there ;-) Tomorrow morning I'll be calling all the area VZW stores and kiosks to verify this information and to check what their procedures/policies are. Its too late for me to call now. But any information and insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated!
    11-16-08 07:20 PM
    They are not going to not let people use their NE2 or pay full retail. Verizon wants your business, not to push it away. Do not worry about what some Kiosk rep told you, and I advise you always go to a store and never the little stands, because yes they are independently owned most of the time.
    11-16-08 07:24 PM
    Thats funny, every store near me is letting people buy the phone and letting people use their ne2..
    11-16-08 07:27 PM
    The kiosk franchisers seem to be a pretty misinformed lot. I don't know if that's by design or not.

Corp store all the way for me. I've gotten great service and no BS.
    11-16-08 07:28 PM
    punch your friend in the face
    11-16-08 07:29 PM
    I think from a business standpoint...regardless of the demand for new customers this would be a bad policy if not for ANYTHING else, the amount of time leadership teams would spend taking escalations.
    11-16-08 07:31 PM
    Verizon would lose sooooo many customers, I can tell you right now that if I can't get this phone that I've been waiting for for such a long time I don't think I'll be staying with verizon..and I think many others will feel the same way..
    11-16-08 07:32 PM
    Your friend sounds like a tool. No offense.
    11-16-08 07:33 PM
    Your friend sounds like a tool. No offense.

x1000890807080
    11-16-08 07:39 PM
    They are not going to not let people use their NE2 or pay full retail. Verizon wants your business, not to push it away. Do not worry about what some Kiosk rep told you, and I advise you always go to a store and never the little stands, because yes they are independently owned most of the time.
    I'm not sure where you learned this info but every Kiosk that I have seen or come to know that says Verizon Wireless and sells only Verizon are not franchised. Verizon kiosk's in the mall are just as good as the others
    11-16-08 07:39 PM
    Mr. Paris1986, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    11-16-08 07:40 PM
    I'm not sure where you learned this info but every Kiosk that I have seen or come to know that says Verizon Wireless and sells only Verizon are not franchised. Verizon kiosk's in the mall are just as good as the others
    They are authorized dealers, but I did not believe that were under that Corporate umbrella.
    11-16-08 07:41 PM
    Yeah I agree that they would probably be loosing a lot of customers. It would definitely be a turn off for me. I'm not getting up super early on my day off (lol) to be told no to something I've been wanting for ages.

With that being said though, I wanted to bring it up as a possible concern. I had an issue 2 months ago where I was having a battery issue with my Blackberry and the corporate store refused to help me, citing various reasons that were not legitimate. I contacted my friend (Rep #2 above) and he said that was ridiculous, and the associate and manager notated my account incorrectly. I contacted customer service and the rep, his sup, and the person above the sup even agreed that the associate/manager at the corporate store did not know what they were talking about and were making up rules as they were going on. I'm probably going to go to another store to get the Storm because I dont feel like dealing with those idiots. I've been in there a couple of times and had issues and I felt like they were making up rules as they were trying to bull**** me.

Again, not trying to get people fired up. I just wanted to bring up the possibility of that issue. I just want us to all have a stress-free, trouble free Friday morning getting our Storms - I think we can all attest to that ;-)
    11-16-08 07:43 PM
    Do you really think they would turn away VIP customers and not allow them to use NE2.

I am sure I am not alone in saying that these delays are frustrating. I have been on the fence about the iphone since this summer. As soon as I heard the storm was coming, I have been waiting.

But if I walk into my store on Friday, and I am told I cant buy one as an existing customer, I will walk over to ATT and pick up an iphone. And I know I wouldnt be the only one.

The chance of VERIZON doing what you said is 1%. I only give them 1% because of some of the other stupid things they do, but noone would be that stupid.
    11-16-08 07:44 PM
    well i live in NC and im going to launch party for the STORM i fill so lucky since im blue collar worker mm what do i wear?
    11-16-08 07:45 PM
    Mr. Paris1986, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! OMG that is funny!
    11-16-08 07:46 PM

Haha, Billy Madison.
    11-16-08 07:47 PM
    BTW, retailers (non-corporate) make money on new contracts, not renewals. They have different priorities. That's why I buy from corporate stores.
    11-16-08 07:48 PM
    I'll be buying from a corporate store, and not a kiosk but regardless...I wanted to bring it up
    11-16-08 07:56 PM
    got to love billy madison lol
    11-16-08 07:58 PM
    Sounds like this kiosk employee didnt know what she was talking about.
    11-16-08 08:31 PM
    punch your friend in the face
    i second that. the info given by the rep is ridiculous!
    11-16-08 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD