I've had a blackberry for over 7 years now, and had gmail since it was available. I have it setup as POP, and only to deliver new mail. It does not sync like IMAP.

Recently, the past few months, I have days where my emails are delayed, I either do a batt pull and new emails come in, or a delete the gmail account from BIS and re-add.

Felt like I should get VZW/RIM involved. And a few months back, they told me I couldn't have more than 800 emails in the my gmail account, which is totally absurd, I get about a 100 emails a day between work, personal, and grad school.

Yesterday I had the ticket escalated at VZW, and I got a text this morning from them "Your email account keeps timing out. Please purge large emails/attachments from the actual email account"

This is def new too me, I have over 6,000 emails, its Gmail! You shouldn't have to delete, I often have to go back to find work related emails, or emails from professors.

I know that there are crackberry users there that have 10,000, 15,000 even 20,000 emails in their inboxes!

Please speak up and offer some advice! Thanks in advance!
    03-12-09 10:27 AM
    Im not sure what the problem is. I have almost 22000 emails in gmail. I forward every email I have to a mass storage GMAIL and then to bb. Never had the issue you are having. Good Luck in getting it fixed
    03-12-09 10:34 AM
    This is most likely a BIS server issue. I've noticed that as of late, there's considerable delay (more then usual sometimes) in emails coming to my device via BIS/OWA conduit during normal work hours, but not in the evening or night hours. I think RIM's BIS server farm and network is perhaps a bit oversubscribed at the moment.
    03-12-09 10:40 AM
    I think its BS, what if you had another email carrier and it was doing the same thing? I think its just another execuse.
    03-12-09 10:41 AM
    This is most likely a BIS server issue. I've noticed that as of late, there's considerable delay (more then usual sometimes) in emails coming to my device via BIS/OWA conduit during normal work hours, but not in the evening or night hours. I think RIM's BIS server farm and network is perhaps a bit oversubscribed at the moment.

Ditto. I am getting emails to my Exchange (non BES or BIS, just plain old Desktop) account 5 minutes before they bounce from the VZW BIS coming to my GMAIL account. This only just started in the last few days.

FWIW, I have about 500 unread in my GMAIL account, and maybe 1500 total messages in there. But that is a total message count, not a threaded count. When using a service like mail2web, it treats each gmail email as an individual email as it should, and your device essentially does as well. Some of my emails have 30-40 replies in them.
    03-12-09 11:34 AM
    Thanks guys, I will agree that the emails are delayed more during business hours, and not so much at night or overnight. I understand that their servers are overpopulated, but its not like the data fee's are cheap, they should def be growing with their subscribers.
    Last edited by Beau79; 03-12-09 at 11:55 AM.
    03-12-09 11:48 AM
    Yeah, no kidding. Just hope nothing ever happens to RIM's NOC. All civilization would come to a screaming hault with the quickness.
    03-12-09 11:53 AM
    I have nearly 10K emails on my Gmail acct & I get my email pushed to my Storm instantly with IMAP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 12:14 PM
    I have nearly 10K emails on my Gmail acct & I get my email pushed to my Storm instantly with IMAP.

Maybe I should try IMAP? Which way did you set it up?
    03-12-09 12:18 PM
    Maybe I should try IMAP? Which way did you set it up?
    I'm using IMAP and I've noticed the past few weeks that it takes 10-15 minutes to receive a new e-mail. I have over 20k messages in my gmail.

The blackberry USE to receive the e-mail before my web client did. Now, like I said, its a anywhere from 10-30 minutes before they are pushed to my storm.
    03-12-09 12:25 PM
    I have 3 email accounts set up with BIS. One of them is GMail. So far, I do not have any delay issue whatsoever. Now I heard that Google was having some outage problem. So the issue might be on Google side and not on RIM side.

03-12-09 12:35 PM
    A few weeks I got VZW to transfer to RIM about my email delays and the RIM rep said the issue was with the google notifier service and that it was bogged down. Take it as you want, this is just like when I had an iphone, it sucked and Apple blamed ATT and ATT blamed Apple.
    03-12-09 01:25 PM
    That's very odd, over the past few days I have noticed my gmail email being pushed via IMAP quicker than normal.
    03-12-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD