Just got an e-mail update from VZW - nothing new, still points to the current vzw.com/storm page, but the e-mail content is different that what I've seen delivered to my inbox in the past - FWIW.
    11-04-08 02:47 PM
    cool. and atleast you have gotten something. I have been waiting for an email from Telus and still nothing. I also signed up 4 times lol!! still nothing.
    11-04-08 02:53 PM
    Still the same old "coming soon" crap.
    11-04-08 03:15 PM
    Exactly. Starting to get pissed off. THey might as well have held all this nonsense until it was released the day before. How they have accessories out before the phones release?
    11-04-08 03:16 PM
    Exactly. Starting to get pissed off. THey might as well have held all this nonsense until it was released the day before. How they have accessories out before the phones release?

Accessories and phones were at one time all on time, then after the phones had issues the phones were held up, but accessories would not have to be changed so they are considered still on time.
    11-04-08 03:21 PM
    I signed up for the email updates from Verizon and still haven't gotten anything from them but my phone bill.
    11-04-08 03:30 PM
    I signed up for the email updates from Verizon and still haven't gotten anything from them but my phone bill.
    I signed up, got the first email they sent out and nothing since then.
    11-04-08 03:37 PM
    I got that as well, about 2:26 pm cst.
    11-04-08 03:48 PM
    Personally, i would rather wait a week or 2 and get a solid bug-free phone. I guarantee you that vodaphone will get a large ration of crap for releasing what is basically a BETA OS...expect to hear tons of complaints until they patch it up to the same build that the Verizon phones have at release.

The habit of not releasing FIRM dates so early is a move that companies have stolen from big gaming/software companies. If you tell everyone that a product is due on day x and due to bugs it isnt released til day y, then people are pissed because you didnt meet the release date. The companies would rather **** off a small group of their more impatient customers by making them wait for a GOOD product, than annoying EVERYONE with a crappy launch product.
    11-04-08 04:00 PM
    If they release it on the 15th, and it has a bug.. you still have until December 15th to turn it in.
    11-04-08 04:26 PM
    I got that as well, about 2:26 pm cst.
    mine arrived at 2:53 pm EST.
    11-04-08 04:33 PM
    I just received a different email from Verizon about the Storm. Not the same as OP got.
    11-04-08 04:45 PM
    cool. and atleast you have gotten something. I have been waiting for an email from Telus and still nothing. I also signed up 4 times lol!! still nothing.
    I feel the same way.....
    11-04-08 04:46 PM
    I just received a different email from Verizon about the Storm. Not the same as OP got.
    and it says?....
    11-04-08 04:53 PM

.............?
    11-04-08 04:55 PM
    Personally, i would rather wait a week or 2 and get a solid bug-free phone. I guarantee you that vodaphone will get a large ration of crap for releasing what is basically a BETA OS...expect to hear tons of complaints until they patch it up to the same build that the Verizon phones have at release.

The habit of not releasing FIRM dates so early is a move that companies have stolen from big gaming/software companies. If you tell everyone that a product is due on day x and due to bugs it isnt released til day y, then people are pissed because you didnt meet the release date. The companies would rather **** off a small group of their more impatient customers by making them wait for a GOOD product, than annoying EVERYONE with a crappy launch product.
    Yea, I agree with you. When the Iphone first came out, it has some issues too. As badly as I want the Storm, I am still going to wait a few weeks!
    11-04-08 04:58 PM
    I don't know how to post image here. I can forward to someone to post. It says nothing important. Same stuff we've been seeing. Coming soon, and directs to verizonwireless.com/storm
    11-04-08 05:05 PM
    Here's link to the "online version" of the email I received.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/we...6z07yf1zb9D9vf
    11-04-08 05:23 PM
    that is the same e mail that was referenced earlier
    11-04-08 05:35 PM
    I got my e-mail too
    11-04-08 05:35 PM
    Its clearly not the same image.
    11-04-08 05:43 PM
    LOL! I signed up and all I've gotten since I signed up has been 2 bills!
    11-04-08 06:10 PM
    Got the same one as Futurestar - the difference is it is not directed to a business customer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 06:23 PM
    I have also suffered (is that the right word?) from not receiving any Storm updates. Maybe my wife is secretly getting rid of them somehow. She is simply thrilled about my OTD (obsessive technology disorder).
    11-04-08 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD