I have changed the "Home screen image" through the media/pictures process to a picture that I downloaded.

When I sync my BB with the DM on my PC, VZW's "Red check mark" home screen reappears forcing me to change it back to my picture - EVERY time!

What gives? Am I not selecting an option correctly or is there a check box that I need to un-select in the DM screen?

Thanks ...
    12-22-08 01:43 PM
    If your image ( the one u want) is saved on the memory card, it will revert back to default upon syncing. You can save that background to your device memory and it should stay put when syncing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 01:52 PM
    when i do a battery pull or restart the phone, the wallpaper quickly flashes the Verizon V right before the wallpaper I selected shows up. I've done this many times, but yesterday it was different. It flashed the wallpaper with the Lightning from the commercials first. anyone else have this happen? i see it in "themes" for Zen, but I always have only seen the Verizon V or my own wallpapers only until now.
    12-22-08 02:32 PM
    [QUOTE=Ter1990;1241161]If your image ( the one u want) is saved on the memory card, it will revert back to default upon syncing. You can save that background to your device memory and it should stay put when syncing.QUOTE]

Ter1990. It is in my Device Memory:/Device Memory/Home/User/pictures

Any other ideas as to where to save it so it doesn't get reset?

Thanks ...
    12-22-08 08:34 PM
    [QUOTE=rdalemercer;1243884]
    If your image ( the one u want) is saved on the memory card, it will revert back to default upon syncing. You can save that background to your device memory and it should stay put when syncing.QUOTE]

Ter1990. It is in my Device Memory:/Device Memory/Home/User/pictures

Any other ideas as to where to save it so it doesn't get reset?

Thanks ...
    I tried the same fix and it worked for a couple days, with the photo saved to the device memory rather than the memory card. Now I have the same problem again every time I sync, my image disappears and is replaced by the verizon logo. Anyone have a solution?
    01-08-09 11:09 AM
    I'm guessing you aren't on OS .75
    01-08-09 11:11 AM
    I'm guessing you aren't on OS .75
    I'm on .75...
    01-08-09 11:14 AM
    I'm on .75...
    Same problem here and mine came new with .75 two weeks ago.
    01-08-09 11:40 AM
    I'm on .75...
    Im running .75 and have had this problem since its install.
    01-08-09 12:21 PM
    Im running .75 and have had this problem since its install.
    interesting...

so have any of you .85 adopters experienced this as well?
    01-08-09 12:39 PM
    i have .85 and i have no problems, it keeps my selected wallpaper
    01-08-09 12:52 PM
    Running .85....

I used to have my homescreen image on the SD card, another post suggested to have the homescreen image on device memory to solve another problem, so I moved it.

When the image is on SD card it stays, when it's on device memory it defaults to VZW logo after synch.

This is what MY phone does. YMMV.
    01-09-09 06:56 PM
    when i do a battery pull or restart the phone, the wallpaper quickly flashes the Verizon V right before the wallpaper I selected shows up. I've done this many times, but yesterday it was different. It flashed the wallpaper with the Lightning from the commercials first. anyone else have this happen? i see it in "themes" for Zen, but I always have only seen the Verizon V or my own wallpapers only until now.
    sometimes when i go from home screen to sms and mms app i get the lightning picture but its small and dosnt go over the whole screen and its wierd but its just a flash and then goes to the app
    01-09-09 08:01 PM
    interesting...

so have any of you .85 adopters experienced this as well?

I have .85 and it just started showing up
    01-09-09 08:29 PM
    Mine did this today for the first time too. Just turned the radio off (to avoid the vzw screen lock, boo) and rebooted to correct the problem.

Guessing its a bug folks...
    01-09-09 09:28 PM
    The lightening bolt showing up and then disappearing has been reported for some time. As Rooster indicated it apprears to be a bug.

Moving the wallpaper to the device memory usually solves the problem of it reverting to the Verizon check.
    01-09-09 09:55 PM
    I have the same intermintent problem.

My wallpaper reset this morning. Oddly enough when I viewed the pictures folder on the menu it said "reset home wallpaper" (looks like the OS does not know it changed?). I chose that option. I then chose "set as home screen wallpaper" and my picture was back, as expected..

Has anyone determined what specific event makes the wallpaper change?

I have the wallpaper in the Device Storage's Picture folder. I have mass storage enabled. I have the Storm password protected. I just did a sync with entering the device password and another with not entering a device password. It does not seem to make a difference whether you interact using Mass Storage or not.
    01-14-09 01:21 PM
    I've had this issue since I got my device. OS's .65, .75, .85, .90, .103 - doesn't matter.

Had the wallpaper on the SD card, and moved it to device memory - no change.

I've posted about this before but got the "you must be an ***** newbie" blow-off.

I need to run more tests. It seems to do it every time at home, and not as much at the office. I'm syncing via bluetooth there (haven't bought a second cable yet).

Maybe it happens if Windows sees the mass storage devices and tries to look around in there?
    02-16-09 10:44 AM
    Confirmed:

If anything in Windows accesses the Storm memory, the wallpaper will default when you untether.

It doesn't need to be deliberate - even if Windows accesses the Storm memory to get a directory, the Storm OS does not think it can access your wallpaper.

I believe they have this locked so only one device can access the memory at a time (PC or Storm) to prevent corrupted data. Kinda a crappy way to handle write locking. It should be on a per-file, per-access basis like every other computer device on the planet, but whatever.

The only way to prevent this is to turn off mass storage mode and MTP mode in memory settings.
    02-16-09 12:33 PM
    If Mass storage mode is enabled. it will revert to the verizon logo cause the computer and the phone cannot read the same card at the same time when you disconnect it from the PC it should flip back to the picture you have set.
    02-16-09 01:06 PM
    Does anyone try to change the name of the VZW Home Logo Picture on the Device Memory?? Maybe if you put the same name the VZW Home Logo Picture have, and put your desire pictures in the Device Memory with the name of the VZW Home Logo Picture it would work. if anyone does that please let me know.

It should be a command..
    02-16-09 01:54 PM
    If Mass storage mode is enabled. it will revert to the verizon logo cause the computer and the phone cannot read the same card at the same time when you disconnect it from the PC it should flip back to the picture you have set.
    Yes - we know and understand this (I stated this reason in my last post).

However, for a large number of us, it does not flip back when disconnected.

The Storm setting for wallpaper is retained, because in the media app, you have to reset the wallpaper to stock (the Verizon V) before you can re-apply your custom pic.

The problem is whatever in the OS is supposed to detect that the memory is unlocked and the custom wallpaper is accessible is broken.

I wish RIM had a place to submit bug reports. This is something that they may not pick up on in their normal beta testing.
    02-16-09 06:03 PM
    I get this with Vodafone home screen all the time - on .106. Whenever I plug my Storm into my pc, say yes to the prompt to enable mass storage mode - do a backup in DM or whatever - disconnect my storm - it defaults to the vodafone home screen and not my custom wallpaper.

I have tried this with my custom wallpaper on my SD card and on the onboard memory but still get the same problem.

Is this a bug?
    02-18-09 09:29 AM
    If your image ( the one u want) is saved on the memory card, it will revert back to default upon syncing. You can save that background to your device memory and it should stay put when syncing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    When I have the image saved on the memory card I do not have to set it again after syncing the phone with my pc, when the image is on the device memory then after syncing the picture on the home screen goes back to the Verizon logo...
    02-18-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD